Promise Fasttrak query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promise Fasttrak query

I have two 10gig Maxtor 7200 drives attached to a promise Fasttrak controller which has been performing brilliantly. I would like to add another two drives but different ones. I was thinking about two 20gig 7200 Maxtors. My current setup is ARRAY1 = 2x10gig. Is it possible to setup another ARRAY with two drives(Same make/model etc) to work alng with my existing one. I would according to the controller have Capture Drive 1= 20gig and Capture drive 2=40gig. Would this setup work. Anyone tried this?.

Cheers

Martin.

Hi Martin,

My understanding is that the lowest capacity drive is taken as being the common denominator. For instance, if you teamed up a 10 Gb and a 20Gb on the same FT it would give you 2*10 Gb = 20Gb NOT 30.

Of course you could always use the 2 20Gb drives to give you a 40Gb array and use the "old" 10Gb drives on your mobo IDE's to use as temporary storage for rendered projects

Comment

I have a fastrack66 also. It is capable of up to 4 different arrays. So u can have the 20 and 40 as u want. The manual goes into setting them up nicely. Double check it and you will see. What are you getting when using the hd benchmark from matrox?
      Good Luck
      Ben
      Flyer
      System:
      Abit bh-6
      192mb PC-100 ram
      G40032-dh/RR-G
      MX-300 soundcard
      Fasttrack66 raid with 2-IBM22GXP (13.5gbEach)
      WD4.3gb main drive
      WD2gb second drive
      USR56k ISA modem
      3com 10/100 PCI NIC
      Win98 release 1
      USB enabled

Comment

While the Matrox benchmark is better than it used to be I'd still use the shareware version of SANDRA.

http://www.sisoftware.demon.co.uk/sandra

The Drives Benchmark details sheet gives you a real nice breakdown of all the pertinent scores in addition to the usual composite result.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
        X