Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

homeworld and bumpmapping patch here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homeworld and bumpmapping patch here....

HAD to get your attention.....

ok everyone. How about a bumpmapping patch for homeworld. How had could it be to make a quick patch to bumpmap the ships, how awesome this would be? The water in expendable took a day or so, according to the developer.

i have read some things about adding this to games, but i'm only tech support, not into programming.....

lets make this a huge topic so someone can show us how to easily it is too add this INCREDIBLE effect. i would play quake 2 all over again with a bumpmap patch.....

remember how easy matrox said in the beginning to add this effect, well, how bout it?????

cheers!

Yeah I have to agree, homeworld with bumpmapping would be incredible. I would play through the entire game again if it had that.
    I think Relic needs to be given a few hints about this idea. It would become a whole new game almost, at least on the G400 with very little effort on their part.

Comment

Yeah I have to agree, homeworld with bumpmapping would be incredible. I would play through the entire game again if it had that.
      I think Relic needs to be given a few hints about this idea. It would become a whole new game almost, at least on the G400 with very little effort on their part.

Comment

Homeworld....yeah I guess. But Freespace 2 - that would rock! Anybody how knows somebody at Interplay?

reg

Kristian

------------------
        - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Striving for perfection
        - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Striving for perfection

Comment

Hi, everyone. I have to agree with Kristian here. I already think that Freespace 2 is the best looking game I've yet seen on my PC, with any video card. Adding EMBM to this game would put it through the roof.

------------------
          Ace
          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

It seems that Interplay is not giving Volition much support for their great work on Freespace 2. I'm REALLY unhappy at the poor treatment, considering that FS2 is definately one of the best games out there. Single player, and multiplayer(on PXO). Speed is very good, and everyone who plays it loves it. So, Interplay decides to shoot down any ideas for an add-on pack, and have declined to comment on a possible sequel. I personally feel that Volition would be better off with another publisher. What's sad is that I love most of the games that Interplay has been publishing. The folks at Bioware, Black Isle, Volition, and others do a great job.

Comment

Homeworld Bumpmapped...... *sigh* Heavenly!
              In case it's a harware problem:
              PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
              Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

i agree with descent2, but think about homeworld, you spend ALOT of time zooming around looking at your ships.

it would be the ULTIMATE game for bumpmapping, descent2 is too fast moving, homeworld is nice and relaxing....

hasn't anyone checked out the incredible bumpmapping screens from silent space.....
                http://www.matrox.com/mga/3d_gaming/enhanced.htm

if not, i suggest you do.....

i have another question. why is matrox the only card supporting bumpmapping in hardware?

this effect is really awesome in some of the games.....

Comment

Working...
                X