UT D3D.DLL Beta ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT D3D.DLL Beta ?

I just downloaded this file http://unreal.epicgames.com/files/d3ddrv.dll from voodooextreme.com . Has anyone else tried this on UT ? Does it work with G400 drivers ? There is no official writeup anywhere about this file and I'm not sure where to put this file. I assume in the UT directory.

put that file in your /ut/system/ directory, it will overwrite the old file, so you might want to back it up just in case you have trouble

Comment

Yolk, I haven't tried it, but given that there is a file with the exact same name in the "system" subdirectory, I assume you should put it there.

I would make a backup copy of the old file, just to play it safe. You're overwriting an important dll that works with something in a beta state. You can't be too careful.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

I have found that it doesn't work on my Athlon system... but then again do I really need a speed up?
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I downloaded this file yesterday, and copied it into my UT system folder (after renaming the original, just in case). So far, I haven't really noticed any differences in performance or image quality, although I haven't really had time to benchmark or to watch for the numerous texture glitches, due to practices.

------------------
          Ace
          "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
          Gainward Ti4600
          AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Best place to put it is where the sun don't shine. Most of the time it will pull a GPF on me after finishing a match... :/
            P3@600 | Abit BH6 V1.01 NV | 256MB PC133 | G400MAX (EU,AGP2X) | Quantum Atlas 10K | Hitachi CDR-8330 | Diamond FirePort 40 | 3c905B-TX | TB Montego A3D(1) | IntelliMouse Explorer | Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 17 | Win2K/NT4

Comment

I grabbed that beta and tried it out on my G400 + Athlon + K7M setup. I give it a thumbs down. It does not seem to be as smooth. I think that the raw fps is still about the same, but it seems choppier and not quite as responsive for me. I went back to the original one and things are back to normal for me. *whew* You have to make those backups because sometimes the upgrade is not the best thing.

Comment

Working...
              X