Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bunch of questions

Hi

1.How do I know if my matrox card is overheating???

2. Is it dangerouse to overheat???

3. Does the fact that my card is sharing IRQ number with other utillities effect gameplay???

4. Where can I find a complete list of games that suports DualHead???

I hope you understand my questions. I know my English isnt good....

Thank you in advanced for any replies.

No ones english is perfect so don't worry about it. It's perfectly comprehensible. Anyway, are you having problems with the card? If so, then yes, it may be because your card is overheating (yes, this is dangerous) and/or it is sharing IRQ's. If it's working fine, I wouldn't worry about it. You can touch the card to see if it is extremely hot or you could put a really acurate thermometer on it. I think matrox homepage is having a list of games which support dh but I'm not sure if it's complete. I hope this helps with some of the questions.
    "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
    --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

Do you get wierd colours/effects on your screen when playing 3d stuff for a while?
      Do you get lockups when playing 3d stuff for a while?
      Are you overclocking anything?

------------------
      AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.41 w/Turbo MCD and beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

In Soldier Of Fortune I sometimes get some wierd colours. But only on objects far away.
        Sometims I can play for an hour without any problems. But sometimes i get lockups after just 10 minuts. This only happens in Soldier Of Fortune.
        I am not overclocking

Comment

When I first got my card I thought it was heat as well,then I grabbed the heatsink and it was cool.I then did the research here on the forum with 'search' and what worked for me was to force AGP1x with the registry hacks.Havent had a problem since.
          gobrob

Comment

Working...
          X