Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox Quake 2 server down?

What happened to the Quake 2 sever?
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

It's in the process of being replaced by a Q3A server.
    Currently, only UT is open...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Does anybody know why Q3 will not ask for a password?

We have tried many different cfg's but each time we connect to the server, it never asks for the password.

Haig

Comment

Here's one quite good server setup FAQ: http://www.3dgw.com/guides/q3a/. Remember to install the Point Release patch to get some of those variables and features.

And the correct parameter for a password protected server is g_password. Set it to the password you want. Also you can use sv_privateClients and sv_privatePassword for reserving player spots for VIP persons.

.Tumu, waiting to have frags on Matrox Q3A server

------------------
        Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
        64MB PC100 RAM, G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM (not overclocked, a fan, bios v2.6),
        PD5.30, SB Live! Value, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
        Win95OSR2.1 finnish

64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
        Win98 finnish

Comment

Thanks for the tip Tumu. We missed the _ between the "g" and the "password".

It should be up today. I'll post back in this thread for a quick test once it's up.

Haig

Comment

Give it a try.

Comment

Haig! Shouldn't you be changing diapers?

You should visit the Soap Box. They're erecting a shrine in your new son's honor.

Congratulations!

Paul
              paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Haig, it seems to work just fine and I even have a stable ping to it.

For those lurking Q3ers, we have to coordinate some times for action-packed CTF or TeamDM matches.

.Tumu
                64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
                Win98 finnish

Comment

Working...
                X