Lets talk Soldier Of Fortune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lets talk Soldier Of Fortune

Tgl doesn't work with this title yet, hopefully some time in the future... this game r0x.
    p3-500, 128mb, g400max, wd hd, promise, 3com

I download it today...can't wait...

Comment

How to run then? Only include the opengl.ddl file and not the g400icd.ddl or something?

It locks up my whole system while loading a level...

HELP!

Thnx

In case it's a harware problem:
      PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
      Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

I'm having some trouble running this demo. I've posted this to Raven, but haven't gotten much response. I figured I'd let you folks give it a shot:

1. Win98
        2. custom built (Soyo mobo)
        3. Intel Pentium III-450
        4. 128Meg PC133 SDRAM
        5. OpenGL 640-480
        7. Xitel Platinum
        8. Matrox G400 4.12.01.1500 (English)

The sounds starts to loop, about a 3-second loop, and everything locks (I can't even CTRL-ALT-DEL, I have to reboot or power down). Happens in the training level (the trainer's voice starts stuttering), and the game (the music starts stuttering).

Also, ANY time I quit the game, I get the dreaded "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down." This dialog box CANNOT be closed either (Closing it just causes it to pop up again immediately).

Any suggestions?

-T

Comment

I have the same problem, with quiting the game.

I have to reboot my system before its stable again. I think it might have to do with the Matrox iCD .

I am going to try the non-beta drivers..> I hope it works because the game is fun as all hell!!!

Comment

Try the 5.41 drivers, set desktop to 16-bit and set 'Extend my monitor' OFF.
            Do not install the TGL drivers with SoF.

Hope it will help...

Comment

Where do you set "Extend your monitor?"

Thanks,

-T

Comment

Well the game ran fine for me. I started it up and went through the tutorial and then started the single player. After about 10 minutes of single player it booted me to desktop. Now I get a locked every time a level loads.

Comment

buffy:
                  Delete config.cfg file.

Comment

Reverting back to 5.41 drivers and setting my display to 16 bit resolved the crash after quitting error. I still get lockups within the game that require a cold boot, but they seem less frequent.

Any other suggestions?

-T

Comment

Hmm with my EQ im not having any problems at all. strange thing... The itself is AWESOME!

------------------
                      P3 450@558(AlphaP125)on Abit BE6,256Mb PC100,!G400MAX!(PD4.51),Quantum Fireball KA 18.2Gb,
                      Soundblaster Live! value(liveware 3.0), Toshiba M1212 DVD, HP 8200 IDE burning..

P3 450@558(AlphaP125)on Abit BE6,256Mb PC100,!G400MAX!(PD4.51),Quantum Fireball KA 18.2Gb,
                      Soundblaster Live! value(liveware 3.0), Toshiba M1212 DVD, HP 8200 IDE burning all with W98

Comment

I've played it 3 times now on the 5.30 drivers with not a single video glitch (800x600, all details maxed to best settings).
                        Sound stuttered twice in long dialogs, and it locked up when I went to load the training mission right after the install and I had to reboot. After that it's been smooth as silk..

Comment

i downloaded it today and installed it, set every thing to the highest quality at 1024 by 768@16 bit with no problemo. my g400 and my sblive even share irq 11. i am currently using the 5.41 drivers with pd running in the system tray. below are my system specs...

Motherboard: AMI MegaRUM II, dual 600Mhz Pentium III processors (installed), each with a 32/512 Cache configuration. 512 Mb of PC100, 8ns memory. Symbios Logic 53C896 U2W SCSI controllers. Intel 443GX Xeon chipset.

SCSI I/O:

Channel 1(LVD/U2): 4 Seagate LVD Cheetah 18LP, ST39103LW Ultra2 Wide SCSI-3 hard Drives, each with 1024k cache.

Channel 2(SE): JAZ 2GB internal, Plex-Writer 8/20, Pioneer DVD-303s ultra-scsi DVD reader and 2 UltraPlex-Wide 17/40 speed CD-ROM drives.

USB: USB Zip Drive

Networking: The network adapter is a 3Com 3C509B-TX PCI adapter and a US Robotics Courier V.Everything 33.6/28.8/x2/V.90 internal ISA modem.

Video: Matrox G400 Max with Dual Head. The primary display is a Panasonic PanaSync E21, .25-dot pitch, 20" viewable; the secondary display is a Viewsonic flat panel display model VP150.

Multi-media: Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live PCI Bus Mastering sound card. Speaker system is the Cambridge Works FPS2000 Digital speaker system.

this game is awesome and i can't wait to get the final release!!!

chucky

Comment

Make sure the opengl.ddl and G400icd.dll files are NOT in your SoF folder...

Extend monitor is toggled in your display porperties -> settings, select your second monitor, and toggle on bottom of window.

Comment

I get a problem that I saw for 2 other people here. My problem is that it crashes back to desktop right after it's done loading the second level.

This has happenned to me for all other OpenGL games, and it's been going on since I first got this video card. I've tried everything, so please tell us if any of you with a similar problem were able to fix it. Thanks.

------------------
                              My hardware:

Matrox Millenium G400 16mb
                              Asus P5a-b super socket7 motherboard
                              K6-2 300 processor
                              128mb pc-100 SDRAM

My software:

Matrox bios version 1.3
                              Matrox drivers 5.41
                              TurboGL 1.0002
                              Motherboard bios version 1009b1
                              Directx version 7a