Dont download the point release!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont download the point release!!!

Even though the demo of Q3 will tell you to do so when you play multiplayer, do NOT download the point release.

My Q3 ran as solid as concrete until i downloaded that piece of shit. Now Q3 wont even start up and i have to cut the power and boot through safe mode just to get back to windows.

Friendly warning; dont download this garbage. You can still play multiplayer without it; with it you can't play.

Ok, so what you're saying is that your unsupported DEMO crashes when you install the patch for the FULL version of a game?

Oh, the horror!

- Gurm, happily playing Q3 point release FULL on his system under 3 different OS's.

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Euhm... I think you are the only one here, otherwise this threat would exist many times already.
      If I was you I would check your TurboGL/desktop drivers, and make sure you exit Q3 at 800x600 32-bit with them. If not, remove/rename the G400icd.dll and opengl.dll, fire up Q3, exit at 8x6/32, rename/replace .dll to original.

Good Luck!
      In case it's a harware problem:
      PIII-500@560, 256 MB, G400 MAX DH on, ABIT BH6, MX300
      Win2K drivers: 5.52

Comment

Working...
      X