win2k and q3 menus problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• win2k and q3 menus problem

I have the latest quake3 (pointrelease or whatever), latest win2k drivers for my g400, and win2k pro. Quake3 runs fine, except all the menus, except the main menu are all whacked. The main menu is ok, but if I select any of the submenus, I can only see parts of them cycling thgough my screen. Basically, it's not possible to navigte through them, but with luck, I've managed to get a game started, and form there it runs fine. It would be nice to access the menus though, for setup and such.

Is this a common problem, or is it just me?
    Any ideas?

I have seen this problem with some configuration settings on my machine. Anyway, one way around this is to just edit q3config.cfg by hand. Of course, setting up games/joining them via the menus would not work this way :P

Rahul

------------------
    Abit BP6, Dual Celeron 366@550, G400 32MB DualHead, 128MB RAM, WD26500 6.4GB, SBLive! Value.
    Running Mandrake 6.1 and Windows 2000.

Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux
    Quicksilver: HP Omnibook 500, PIII 700 MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB, RedHat Linux 9.

Comment

You wouldn't happen to remember what that configuration might have been? I would really appreciate any insight on the matter...

Comment

I think it happened with the graphics settings set to fastest/fast or something. As you probably know, the graphics settings affect the menus as well, so....

Oh and try r_smp 1 if you are using a SMP machine. Solves a bunch of lockups for me. Also, set AGP aperture to half your memory size, Win2k is less tolerant of a 256 MB aperture for an 128 MB machine for example.

Good luck!

------------------
        Abit BP6, Dual Celeron 366@550, G400 32MB DualHead, 128MB RAM, WD26500 6.4GB, SBLive! Value.
        Running Mandrake 6.1 and Windows 2000.

Porsche: MSI K7N2-L, Athlon XP 2100+, G400 32MB DualHead, 1G RAM, 2xMaxtor 20 GB, Gentoo Linux
        Quicksilver: HP Omnibook 500, PIII 700 MHz, 512MB RAM, 30GB, RedHat Linux 9.

Comment

Just thought of puttuing my post to congratulate Fantomas for your choice of nickname. You remind my good old ZX Spectrum days.
          Those were the days, playing r-type and renegade,and BOMB JACK...

Come to think of it i´m here a long time (on computers i mean)
          P2350@400 (hope to change this line)
          128mb pc133 cas2
          13,6 Gb IBM 7200rpm
          16mb vanilla@174/217 (proudly said!)

about myself
          UT Slave
          Q3 pisser
          Nocturne Lover(Nocturne the game)
          U9 stupid buyer
          Rally2000 pilot

Comment

Just thought of putting my post to congratulate Fantomas for your choice of nickname. You remind my good old ZX Spectrum days.
            Those were the days, playing r-type and renegade,and BOMB JACK...

Come to think of it i´m here a long time (on computers i mean)
            P2350@400 (hope to change this line)
            128mb pc133 cas2
            13,6 Gb IBM 7200rpm
            16mb vanilla@174/217 (proudly said!)

about myself
            UT Slave
            Q3 pisser
            Nocturne Lover(Nocturne the game)
            U9 stupid buyer
            Rally2000 pilot

Comment

Hehe, thank you, although I have no idea what you're talking about. I actually took the name from a movie a saw as a kid (a whole series of movies, actually). It was a French (if I recall correctly) James Bond kind of thing, and the villain was named Fantomas (or perhaps Phantomas, I'm not sure)...

But I still haven't figured out the q3 problem. Damn...

Comment

Working...
              X