Q3A solution to sub 30fps in w2k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3A solution to sub 30fps in w2k

Now I have a geforce so this may not apply but... After updating my bios and system drive I reinstalled 98 and w2k RC2. On my previous installation, everything worked AWESOME except no ACPI system driver so no software shutdown. After the bios update (which sported better win2000 support) it detect my system as ACPI Uniprocessor. (I have a tyan Tiger100 dual with one pII400). This installation have some really problems. DVD was jerky (perfect before), OGL sucked, multimonitor was SLOWWWW, and the system monitor always showed 50% CPU usage, even idle. So I manually selected MPS uniprocessor for my system driver. Win2000 loaded the new kernal and hal and redetected all hardware perfectly. Now it all works great again but no soft powerdown. I think this has been fixed in final.

Why is the word "monkey" so damn funny?

Yes, Final will detect that your motherboard has lousy ACPI and not use it.

That's your basic issue here. ACPI itself is wonderful and good and just fine, but MANY mobos (even "good" ones) just don't do it properly. Much like AGP aperture.

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Working...
    X