Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400MAX with Q3

Hello..
    Have some problem with my G400MAX and quake3. The problem is that is not running smoothly in any ressolution. sure its running a little smoother in lower ressolutions but its sill not good at all!! Even my old voodoo2 worked better in 800*600. Well, I dont think that it is anything wrong with the G400, rather all the other things I got stuffed in my puter.. Ill list every thing I have and maybe you can find something fishy about it,.

Intel 440BX motherboard, PIII 500, 192MB-RAM, G400MAX, PC-DVD dxr3 card, SB LIVE! 1024, TV-Tuner, Ethernetcard, SCSI... guess thats all..

As you can see I have almost every slot on my motherboard filled with cards that might screw things up.
    I have installed Matrox Powerdesc 5,41 and turboGL. (hade the broblem befor to, so it isnt the drivers).
    Well,. all I can do is to pray to god that it is a problem that may be solved,.

"my old voodoo 2"

I hear this performance problem for a LOT of ppl that used to have 3dfx based cards. From what other ppl have said on this forum, 3dfx is known to leave junk behind when uninstalled, namely drivers. These drivers can interfere with the Matrox ones.

Something's gotta be wrong because P3+G400+TurboGL should = WOW

the g400 is way faster than a voodoo 2!

Comment

Yes I agree! G400 is ALOT faster and better than voodoo2!! but than again I could run q3 in 800*600 with a smooth result on my voodoo2, but not with G400 witch is strange. But I still dont blame my G400... must be something else

And that some old drivers would screw things up is not possible beauce I recently re-installed windows98SE..

Comment

Ah, yes, good ol clean install. In that case, old drivers cant be a problem...It can't be the g400 cause mine screams in Q3...you should try to 5.5 drivers, it's openGl is fast, and even though some say it's "buggy" in games like Half Life, Q3 runs just fine (for me anyway).
        If Q3 is your only problem, i really dont know what to say.

Comment

What color depth are you using now: 16-bit or 32-bit? Are you using bilinear or trilinear filtering?

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Im using 32-bit color depth and bilinear filtering coz trilinear is slowing down the game to much.. I have tyed to play with 16-bit color depth but there is no diffrence,.

Comment

Working...
            X