Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G200 probs with DX7

Hello...

I got this very annoying problem when trying to play games with DX. i.e when playing Halflife I used to get an error message like "could not execute g200.d3d" or something like that when initializing. I could play the game all right, thought it was just some kind of driver confusion, as I experienced similar error messages in other games.
    The real problem is, that i just formatted my HDD this morning, and the error messages are still around; for example Fifa2000 says something like "Microsoft has not certified your video card driver for use with DX". Downloaded newest drivers 5.41 and newest Bios... What can I do??

Acorp 6BX67
    Celeron 300A
    64MB
    g200 8MB

Seems like either one of 2 things is happening:[list=1][*] Your video card is not correctly installed, or[*] DirectX is not correctly installed.[/list=a]I'm voting for DirectX.

Are you running Win98? There's a DX Troubleshooter in the Microsoft System Information Utility (Start Menu==>Run==>msinfo32==>Tools menu). If you installed DX (what version) from the some backup media before your reformat, the file might be corrupt. I'd d/l it again.

Also, many games want to install DX as part of their install... most of them ask you, but some don't. You might have had say...DX5 installed over parts of DX 6 or 7.

Nothing about your system, just on the face of it, is particularly non-standard, so it's fairly unlikely that your problems are related to some "driver confusion"--- if the drivers didn't work on an ordinary system like yours, there'd be no point in releasing them.

First, make sure DX is working. Then, if you still have problems, we'll go to Level 2.

BTW, if you're overclocking, clock back down to spec until this is straightened out. O/C-ing the CPU only confuses things during troubleshooting.

---------------------------
    Holly

Comment

Working...
    X