Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half life - could it be much smaller?

Hi!

If someone wants to HL's TFC or CS needs to install all the HL stuff - not smaller than 450 MB. It's a bit big stuff for playing multiplayer games.
    Is there any trick to reduce HL's size dramatically?
    I mean, delete all those unused monsters and maps (or sounds) I don't use in multiplayer?

Yea, why not have a min, med and full install option like every other intelligent (and then some) software corp. Yea, it is nice to play on a full install, but these days people have lots o games etc on their system and so there is no room. Also, why get that 110X CDRom if all ya use it for is installs and at 1X for music. This has always been a big gripe of mine and why half life no longer is on my HD.

------------------
    AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.41 w/Turbo MCD and beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

Go to your Half Life directory.

Delete *.avi and *.mpg from all folders.
      That will free up about 25MB of space.

Comment

The update patch installs previews for Team Fortress 2 and Homeworld which contain MPEGs among other things.
        ==
        "In Japan, I was in a relationship for seven years and my boyfriend never once heard me pee." --Miho Ogawa, 29, a Japanese waitress living in New York / Giant Robot 24

Comment

Working...
        X