Hey Haig, how about a game issue list now that you're a gamer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Haig, how about a game issue list now that you're a gamer

Hi ya Haig, how bout giving us gamers a list of games that work or don't work for every driver release?

Wow Haig is now considered a gamer and a video king. Tough on the ego

As for a game issue list. This is definetly a good idea since sometimes new drivers actually cause problems in games that worked fine with previous releases. This would save a lot of people the time of installing the newer drivers and finding out for themselves that their favorite game is now all messed up.
    Further more, I imagine that this would save your tech support team some time in answering our emails on the subject...

Comment

Im sure that would be a good idea...but it would take him a very long time to bring up such a list. And I doubt that they wanna point out some of the *unfixed* issues that come with new driver releases as Im sure that it would cause more people to start the whiny threads like.... "New drivers dont fix 3rd white dot to the left in Half-Life" or something like that.

------------------
      Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts
      Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts

Comment

Well,

As an added bonus to our clients, what I wanted to do for the longest time was to setup a system, have ~ 100 games installed in it, and do a VERY BASIC run on each game with each driver release. This list would simply be, game X works with driver x.xx, nothing more than that.

Whether there are defects in some scenes or pixels missing in other scenes would not be included in this list. That would be more of a bug list which tech supp has no intentions of getting into other than with our beta testers.

This list can be either a list on its own or just be included in the release notes.

Anyways, I have had this system ready to go since June, I have a cabinet full of G400 DH cards since June, I sent out numerous emails to 4 game companies asking them if they would be interested in a swap, G400 cards for their retail versions of their games.

The only one that has responded was Blizzard, politely telling me that they'll think about it.

So that's where it stands.

PS: Before anyone asks, no I cannot go out and buy the games and no I cannot make copies of the games from our SQA dep't.

Haig

[This message has been edited by Haig (edited 22 January 2000).]

Comment

Hey Haig,
          I've got a couple of games I'd trade for a G400 DH. Just say when.
          In fact, I'll go out & buy any game you want in exchange for one of those cards!
          chuck

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 22 January 2000).]
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

There you go Haig....

Tell us which games you want and I'm sure you'll find people who will supply them (for some kind of exchange )

While we're on this line (notice the sutble hijack of thread), Haig, how does one go about approaching Matrox with some kind of reciprocal arrangement.

For example - University Union IT Department, Computer lab (and a couple of the hard-working staff wants to orgainse donated/loan hardware for use in the student general access labs, in return ...- open to suggestions, but best for general showing off of products, free advertising etc...

Whadya think? Worth a shot? email me if you prefer.

Comment

Thanks for the offer guys but my intentions were to set up a contact with these game companies for an ongoing swap with our new products and theirs.

Waxling - All loans a giveaways are dealt with another dep't. You must send an email to webmaster@matrox.com, explain what you want and why, and they will forward it off to the proper dep't.

I myself can only do swaps (product for product) ONLY if what I get is beneficial to tech supp.

Haig

Comment

Working...
              X