Q3A Problem resolved...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q3A Problem resolved...

Sorry if this has been posted before...but I've been searching for the solution and came up dry.

For all of those who can't get Q3A running where it just kicks you back to the desktop on startup (With G400s)...the solution is to copy the opengl32.dll (about 737K) file from the windows\system folder and replace the one that's in the Quake folder. I don't know why it works...it just does.

Happy gamming...

Green
    It's not a typo...it's probably corrupt graphics generated by your overclocked video card...

By copying the Windows OpenGL32.dll, you are overwriting the TurboGL (also called opengl32.dll). So you are now using the full ICD rather than the TurboGL MCD. You could have accomplished the same thing be deleting opengl32.dll from the Q3A folder.

The REAL solution for your problem is posted in this forum. Sorry, don't recall exactly what that solution is (has something to do with running at 800x600 before installing TurboGL, I think)... it's out there if you search the forum.

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 20 January 2000).]
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

OGL32.dll? I thought it was opengl32.dll...does that make a difference?
      It's not a typo...it's probably corrupt graphics generated by your overclocked video card...

Comment

Wow, that search feature sure is spiffy. I typed in Q3A and TurboGL for keywords, and found this thread. If you read it, you will find the true answer to your problem.

http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/002049.html
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

That was just a typo. Opengl32.dll is what I meant

Comment

hehehe...thanks for the Link! I must have been smooking something when I did the search myself...

Green

Comment

When I tried to copy the file into the q3 directory I got an error when it tried to load opengl. I have a problem with quake3 crashing randomly and kicking me back to windows. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

System:
              Athlon 500@750
              sblive
              g400 max dual head

Comment

Working...
              X