Win2000 and G200 = Q3A Lockup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win2000 and G200 = Q3A Lockup

I have Win2000 build 2195 and a Millenium G200. I installed the 5.00.007 beta drivers but I can't even start Quake 3. I've done everything I can think of (running with or without smp - dual P3-500, AGP aperature set to 256MB - which is actually the amount of memory I have). Nothing helps. The intro tries to load and I get majorly corrupted stuff for maybe 5 to 10 seconds, sometimes getting as far as the CD Key screen, and then there is a hard lockup. Can't even Ctrl-Alt-Del to get out of it. Anyone have any ideas to help?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
    My baby...

QDI Brilliant IV - Bios 2.0 Beta (Win2000 updates - email me if you want it!)
    2 Pentium III 500 MHz
    256 MB PC-100 SDRAM
    Matrox Millenium G200 8 MB SGRAM - Bios 2.6-20
    2 Creative Labs 3D Blaster Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI...)
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!
    Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400
    Quantum Viking 4.5 GB UW SCSI (weak...)
    Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore 2X
    Iomega 1GB Jazz

All running on Win2000...

help!
    My baby...

QDI Brilliant IV - Bios 2.0 Beta (Win2000 updates - email me if you want it!)
    2 Pentium III 500 MHz
    256 MB PC-100 SDRAM
    Matrox Millenium G200 8 MB SGRAM - Bios 2.6-20
    2 Creative Labs 3D Blaster Voodoo2 12 MB (SLI...)
    Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live!
    Klipsch ProMedia v.2-400
    Quantum Viking 4.5 GB UW SCSI (weak...)
    Creative Labs PC-DVD Encore 2X
    Iomega 1GB Jazz

All running on Win2000...

Comment

Remove the beta-007-drivers and wait for matrox to release some usable drivers. The microsoft-supplied drivers at least works in D3D, but haven't got any opengl-support.

If you want to run Quake3, you must dual-boot, or get another card. Since win2k = NT5 you should not expect better performance from the G200 whan in NT4 then drivers pop up, so a voodoo-1 would be faster.

Comment

Quake2/3 worked on my G200 Marvel PCI in Win2k using those beta drivers. Performance in Quake2 doubled over win98, which shocked the hell out of me considering that i couldnt use mgatweak on win2k. I didnt test Quake3. The mouse was being screwy and unresposive (usb intellimouse) so even tho it was fast it wasnt worth it. And my D3d went bye bye so I couldnt play UT... And there's no win2k vid tools... Win2k just isnt worth it at this point. The drivers work for some ppl and dont for others. I cant believe how many ppl complain about them for their G400s when my friend's works flawlessly in Ogl and D3d. Anyway Rattledagger is right, wait for real drivers or get a voodoo2.

Comment

Working...
        X