Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking and 3dmark 2000 help

Just a query here.

I recently got myself a small little fan onto my DH and got it overclocked to MAX speed..

Fo = 301.50

SGRAM settings.
    Fast

Things seem to work out ok.. And I got an increase in frame rate for Q3 in excess of 8-9 fps. But the 3dmark 2000 scores remain the same. What gives?

Also, I did not seem to be able to find anything regarding optimising the Mem clock Base Read Delay 0/1 and Memory Refresh Counter. What are those? The pdf with MGA Tweak didnt say much abt those 3.

Lastly.. What actually constitutes an artifact? I've no probs running Q3 but when the main menu comes up, I occasionally see some fine white lines. Are those artifacts?

Yep Yo (LOL)

Those sure ara artifacts that mean one of two things. memory is too overclocked which i doubt at that speed, or the timings are too fast, try slowing the "RAS minimum active time" to 9 and i doubt you will see those lines again

Regards, Leporis (don´t take my LOL seriously, it just sounded funny)
    P2350@400 (hope to change this line)
    128mb pc133 cas2
    13,6 Gb IBM 7200rpm
    16mb vanilla@174/217 (proudly said!)

about myself
    UT Slave
    Q3 pisser
    Nocturne Lover(Nocturne the game)
    U9 stupid buyer
    Rally2000 pilot

Comment

Grins. Ok, after some fooling around I got it running without those artifacts.. And yeah, tweaking the SGRAM optimisations did the trick, had to downtuned some other settings as well in that whole window..

Still, what gives with the benchmark score? I thought overclocking ought to increase it by a weebit.

Comment

why don´t you put your system specs and the main 3dmark2000 results.

i get a fillrate of 310mp (both in single and multitexture) on my g400 vanilla @ 174/217/174 on my P2 350@392
        P2350@400 (hope to change this line)
        128mb pc133 cas2
        13,6 Gb IBM 7200rpm
        16mb vanilla@174/217 (proudly said!)

about myself
        UT Slave
        Q3 pisser
        Nocturne Lover(Nocturne the game)
        U9 stupid buyer
        Rally2000 pilot

Comment

Funny thing here..

got 1248 on my 3dMark score...seems to have dropped from a high of 1300+

This is after I've just installed liveware 3.0
          Flashed a new BIOS even..

Anyways, my fill rate is 7747.3 Mtexels for single Tex and 268.5 for multi..

The above cant be right.

My specs are as follows:
          K62-450 P5A
          G400 DH @ MAX speed
          128 Mb Ram

The above is for testing at 1024 x 768, 16 bit. Default benchmark

Comment

How can I overclock my G400? What are all these numbers you typed? My Matrox Tweak util allow me only to increase the memory speed. I tried it to 120% but I noticed in 3DMark2000 a lot of white lines and dots. So I reset the speed. I own a G400 SH 32 Mb.

[This message has been edited by Pistarino (edited 18 January 2000).]

Comment

Overclocking the G400 won´t help with 3dmark 2000. It´s too much biased in geometry processing power (T&L) and if you don´t have a T&L capable video-card (let´s see if I can remember one) the cpu is doing all the job. When I overclocked the G400 from 126/168 to 150/200 with a celeron 450, the result was the same (~1500 3dmarks). Now with an Athlon 500 it does ~2500 3dmarks).

Pistarino, use Mgatweak or Powerstrip. People will kill me if I say this but I prefer Powerstrip than Mgatweak. It is more stable at 150/200 if overclocked with ps.

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 18 January 2000).]

Comment

Guessed as much regarding 3dmark2k... But other than that, what other benchmarks can I try?

Though in all fairness, dont really care that much since in real life performance..seeing a 6+ fps increase to over 30 fps under 1024 x 768 high detail for Q3A is more than adequate for me.

I'm using MGA Tweak, the matrox tweak utility usually dont let you overclock it that well.. and since you can fool around with the multipliers, you can basically go even more than MAX values.. Going to let my system be for a few weeks first before trying that.

The SGRAM settings .. seems like optimising that reduces the 'high' I can go in overclocking the g400 mem.. Think I'll opt for the higher mem clock speed. Better returns anyways.

Still, that fill rate result just cant be right. 7000+ Mtexels?

Comment

Working...
                X