Rogue spear on Matrox G400.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue spear on Matrox G400.

Just got Rainbow six: Rogue Spear, and got alittle problem... it's happend a few times that, while playing the game, it just quits, and i get kicked back to windows without any error messages or anything...

this happend on GTA2 also (but alot more frequently)... but no other D3D games(that i've tried)...

Got a MatroxG400MAX DH32, PD 5.30(5.41 ****ed a few things up) and Liveware2.1 (3.0 ****ed up Winamp :P)

is this a driver issue? or what could be the prob? haven't tried it with 5.41, it doesn't happen very often so it's kinda hard to try it....

thanks..

<font size=1>Primary System: ASUS P4B533-E, Intel Pentium4 1.6A GHz, 512MB Samsung PC2700, Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 64MB, SB Audigy, 2xSeagate Barracuda IV 80GB, Pioneer DVD 106S, NEC CD-R 40/10/40, InWin Q500 Case w/ Enermax 353W PSU, Windows XP Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX.

Secondary System: ECS K7S5A, Athlon XP 1600+, 256MB PC133, Asus GF2 GTS 32MB, Seagate Barracuda IV 20GB, Aopen HQ08 Case, Windows XP Pro.</font>

That is a strange thing. I had the same probs with some games too (freespace 2,...) and i think it have to do with the texturememory. I can reproduce the error with a 3dbenchmark. I quit to desktop when i select 32mb texture test ( or 16 MB in Dualhead-mode ). I never found a solution for that problem. I dont know why some games work and some does not.

Comment

I only hang in multiplayer game in the zone, but no problem with single play, any ideas?

Comment

Well, my friends and me have done a three days network game. The most played game was Rogue Spear and we sometimes got player booted to windows without any warning message or lock ups. It was completely random, host/not host, alone/in groups,...
        And that was in a wall array of computers, different graphic cards, different cpu's, different mobo's. Everybody got booted once at least! So it's not your computer faults, looks like a Rogue Spear or DX bug.

Hope to have helped you and don't forget that Rogue Spear RULES!!!

Vlip

Comment

Okay

Thanks for the info Vlip, now at least we know it's not our faults =)

guess we'll have to life with it, anyway it doens't happen very often....
          <font size=1>Primary System: ASUS P4B533-E, Intel Pentium4 1.6A GHz, 512MB Samsung PC2700, Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 64MB, SB Audigy, 2xSeagate Barracuda IV 80GB, Pioneer DVD 106S, NEC CD-R 40/10/40, InWin Q500 Case w/ Enermax 353W PSU, Windows XP Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX.

Secondary System: ECS K7S5A, Athlon XP 1600+, 256MB PC133, Asus GF2 GTS 32MB, Seagate Barracuda IV 20GB, Aopen HQ08 Case, Windows XP Pro.</font>

Comment

Vlip, thanks for the info

cheers

Comment

Rogue Spear does seem to drop players to the desktop in network sessions if they do not have the files (custom armbands, and other tings) that the server has.

also when I tired overclocking my Athlon over 735 I got dropped back to the desktop alot in single player games (also Q3). I reduced clock back to 728 or so and now it's fine.

Comment

Hi,

After playing for 3 hours in the zone yesterday, I found out that it will crash, not dropped to desktop and it also happen when playing single. before the crash the screen will usually go corrupted and lock hard, I had to press reset to reboot. No overclocking with G400 single head. any idea?

Comment

So ya'll know, these are known issues with Rogue Spear that have nothing to do with G400's. The readme states it and the latest patch fixes somewhat the multiplayer crashes, but they still happen. It's just a fussy game is all.
                  A computer is like sex. Your never 100% sure what your doing but when all goes well, it feels REAL good.

Comment

I know it is not the driver fault, I was hoping someone in here have a fix

Comment

This is NOT a matrox issue i repeat NOT a matrox issue. Rogue Spear online especially throws EVERYONE out of games randomly. This has nothing to do with mplayer either (contrary to popular belief) because it happens in IP games too. I can note that my 8meg ATi also had the exact same amount of quits as my matrox, my friend's TNT2 ultra, and numerous people online.

Comment

I was asking to see if someone has a fix and all I got is "alert alert, this is not a matrox problem go somewhere else" btw my problem is not drop out of the game it is hard crash, I need to reset computer ie reboot to get out of it and it happen within 15 minutes sometimes as soon as i got into the game. I know it is not matrox problem it happen to some video cards I borrowed too. but within 15 minutes there must be something else other than the problem u mention, i am looking for possible casue, not your announcement. no offense

TIA

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                        X