Hidden and Dangerous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidden and Dangerous

I don't know about that game, but I do know that you need to give more information.
    Bios rev. of G400,
    CPU,
    Motherboard brand & Model,
    List of IRQ assignments,
    Amount of memory
    OS version,
    etc

chuck

------------------
    ABit BF6 w/ Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@3.0, noname CDRom@40x, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Acatel 1000 ADSL@1.5mb/sec, Princeton EO75@1024x768x32x85hz, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Im running Hidden and Dangerous on my Cel550 w/ G400MAX DH32... sorry i can't say why it doesn't work for you.. but it should work..

im running PD 5.30, latest bios for the G400....

Good luck
    <font size=1>Primary System: ASUS P4B533-E, Intel Pentium4 1.6A GHz, 512MB Samsung PC2700, Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 64MB, SB Audigy, 2xSeagate Barracuda IV 80GB, Pioneer DVD 106S, NEC CD-R 40/10/40, InWin Q500 Case w/ Enermax 353W PSU, Windows XP Pro, Samsung SyncMaster 753DFX.

Secondary System: ECS K7S5A, Athlon XP 1600+, 256MB PC133, Asus GF2 GTS 32MB, Seagate Barracuda IV 20GB, Aopen HQ08 Case, Windows XP Pro.</font>

Comment

Any chance you are using a game controller? Haven't tried that game, but I have found that 90% of the games I've tried lock up at the start when I try to use a joystick with G400 busmastering. They work okay without the joystick or without busmastering.

Comment

Hi Daniel,

do you have problems with other games too or or just with H&D ?

Wannabe

Comment

Daniel, How about your system specs... IRQ's, drivers and such?
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Guys, give up. He was asked, politely, by several folks, to describe his exact problems in the last thread he posted (which was flamebait, BTW).

*sigh*

Where do they get them, and why do they always send them to me?
            - Gurm

------------------
            Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
            The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
            If only life were as easy as you
            I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
            I would still get screwed

Comment

Okay, this is totally unrelated. But how can you find out your bios revision, and how can you update it (if you can)?
              thx

Comment

Scout, goto Display settings, Advanced, and select the Information tab.
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hidden and Dangerous

Ok then. I have serious problems getting this game to work with my G400dh. I get lockups immediately or after a few seconds. This occurs with all the patches 1.1-1.3. I use 5.41 drivers and dx7. Also tried 5.50 drivers, but they are just too much of a beta...

Any help would be appreciated!

Comment

My lockups happen after about 3 to 5 minutes. No troubles with my G200. I just upgraded to the G400. It is alone on IRQ 10 All card settings are default, PD 5.30, card bios 1.5.22, AGP 256 (Tried 32,64 so far). Removed joystick, replaced joystick.

Edguy, you have it running; any special things set?

Thanks

------------------
                    Celeron 400@504 on ABIT BE6 r2, 96M RAM, G400 32m DH oem, voodoo II SLI, Montego A3D Xstream, 300W PS
                    P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Comment

Oceaneer, did you (please say yes) run the Matrox Uninstaller before swapping your G200 and G400?

- Gurm

------------------
                      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Gurm...yes indeedy I did. I have read on another site that it is a driver issue, and the 5.20 certified ones are OK. I will try this tonight.

Thanks
                        P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Comment

Oceaneer,

I'd bet on your overclocked processor before I bet on the card's drivers. There's nothing at all wrong with drivers version 5.30, and very little (unless you have an AMD chip) wrong with version 5.41, although 5.5 is VERY BETA.

No need to downgrade drivers all the way to 5.20 - you have a hardware issue.

- Gurm

P.S. Give us ALL your IRQ and setup information, and we'll take it from there. Best to start another thread, in Matrox Hardware.

------------------

Comment

Gurm....I went back to the 5.20 drivers and all is now sweet!

I don't want to have to stay at 5.20 though, so I will head off to Matrox Hardware with a full system spec to see what can be done.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X