Jane's USAF problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jane's USAF problems

I am losing my @#$%ing mind over this. Does anybody have any probs getting USAF to run? I have been back and forth with EA and they're just as confused as myself. They are supposed to get back to me (for the 3rd time) on Monday (they have been real cool about trying to help, though). I have uninstalled and re, I have run Norton to clear the cob-webs out of registry, I'm just out of things to try at this point. It ran ONCE, and then no more after that. Maybe that's it, you only get one chance to play it ....nah, couldn't be.
    AND... to add a strange twist to it....F/A 18 runs FINE (well it does tax the living crap out of my system, but...) and it's a NEWER release.

If anybody has a clue as to what it could be, I may be willing to be an indentured servant for say, 7 years to repay my debt.

My system (woe as it may be):
    Pentium 3 500 @ 572 mhz
    256 mb PC-100 SDRAM @ 115 mhz
    2x Maxtor UDMA-66 (20 gig, 13.5 gig)
    Matrox Max (2179) @ 105%
    2x Voodoo2 SLI @ 92 mhz
    SBLive X-Gamer Digital
    Creative FPS2000 Digital
    M'soft Intellimoose Explorer moose
    M'soft Internet Pro keyboard
    Memorex 48x CD
    Zoom Dual Mode 56k modem (in my dreams I can actually go OVER 21500 bps)
    PC Power & Cooling case
    Turbo-Cool 350 power supply
    100 billion fans (or 3+PS=4)
    PC Power & Cooling Bay-Cool HD cooler (2 fans)
    lint (very little)

Please oh mighty MURC brain-trust don't fail me now!
    Your humble slave-to-be,
    Bud

P/S Off-Topic: A friend of mine crashed his Ski-Doo Mach Z last night. While riding across a local golfcourse, he hit a sand trap, causing him to be jettisoned. He landed on his head. He was Medi-Vac'd to Albany Medical Center and is on life support now. His name is Danny and I'd appreciate your prayers for him. Thank you.

That's a big computer for someone who lives in the woods.

Are you using the Voodoo boards or the G400 for USAF? It was my understanding that, unit very recently, the Janes flight sims ran best with Glide. Maybe if you change API's, you'll have better luck.

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

also... you may want to try removing the voodoo cards and thier related drivers. Perhaps they are causing a conflict.
      Abit BH6
      Celeron 450
      Matrox G400 32mb "MAX"
      256MB PC100 RAM
      IBM 10GB 7200rpm HDD
      Creative Labs DVD 5x
      Mitsumi 4x/2x/8x CD-RW
      Monster Sound MX300
      USR 56K Modem
      ADi 6P (19" Monitor)
      Windows ME

Comment

Oh, the glories of PC computing! As far as I know, there is a conflict between TurboGL and 3dfx drivers. It shouldn't affect either Glide performance with the V2's or Direct3D performance with the G400, but you never know.

Paul
        paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, Lately my computer's been acting like it's on 'ludes, so I hosed the whole thing. That's right, boys and girls, the old "Time for a clean Windows install". So...24 hours later and I'm one third done re-loading everything back on. Once I had USAF loaded back on I gave it a try with little hope of success...IT WORKED !! I STILL have no idea why it went south to start with but I'm not complaining. I'm actually glad I'm taking the time to clean the system out, everything should benefit from getting rid of the bullshit that's been building up on the drives.

Paul,
          Yeah, I guess I do have a big computer compared to my nearest neighbor. I tried to talk him into getting a PC. He said (he's a farmer) "If I can't rope it, ride it, grow it or eat it, I don't need it". Cracked me up!......but compared to the various systems I've read about here in the MURC posts, my system's weeney. My next improvement will probably be to buy that used nuclear powerplant I saw listed the other day. Some guy from, uh, I think he said it's called, Chair Noble or something like that is selling it. Cheap too. He had the funniest accent, kept wanting to trade me the powerplant for vodka. Who's he fooling?!, I don't even know if the damn thing works or not. You gotta get up pretty early in the morning..........

Thank again,
          Bud

[This message has been edited by exG-man (edited 17 January 2000).]

Comment

Working...
          X