Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPEG-1 editing solution !

Hi !

We have discussed the editing of MPEG-1 files several times here in this forum.
    The free program MPEG Scissors v1.2 can cut and join MPEG-1 files.

You can find it at: http://www.tfm.profm.ro/mpegedit/mpegscis.html

Bye, Uwe.

Scott,

The difference between this program and the DOS copy command is that this program strips the headers from each of the files added to the first one, leaving only the first header in place. However, it doesn't correct the first header to reflect the proper number of frames. Not sure what impact this would have; you might try it and see if it would be compatible with a VCD authoring program. It's hard to say without fully understanding how those programs work...

If you try this out, please let us know if it works for you! I'll give it a try as well when I find the time. :-)

Take care,
    Kevin

Comment

I guess the only drawback is that this program does not end up reporting the proper number of frames ( => play time) once the clips are joined. The web site indicates that it does not change the header information to reference the additional frames.

Wouldn't this cause problems for VCD authoring programs?

Otherwise, it probably does a decent job...

- Kevin

Comment

I guess it's almost the same as just using a DOS copy to join files. If this is the case then it isn't any good for VCD authoring. Only the first part of the video (before the join) will be played back.

That's what I found when I created a VCD this way. Had a feeling it might happen but gave it a go anyway.

Comment

Working...
        X