Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quake2 Freezing up!

Hi, I have a problem i have not been able to solve for a long time,
    occasionally after playing quake2 for like 15 minutes, my computer will just freeze up and the game will just start repeatedly making a continuous noise, and just lock up. I installed the new TurboGL, but it doesnt seem to help, maybe i installed it wrong? any help would be great, thanks a lot.
    -dave

I think it's International Don't Post Your Specs Day.

Assuming you're using a G400, make sure your board is properly aligned and all the way in the AGP slot. Open your AGP aperture (in your motherboard BIOS) to 256. Make sure your G400 is using IRQ 9 or above. Also, make sure it is not sharing with anything but IRQ Holder for PCI Steering.

Beyond that, you should tell us more about your system configuration.

Also, tell us what drivers you're using. How did you install them? Did you use the inf or did you install using the Setup program in Standard VGA Mode?

Paul
    paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

And are U OCing?
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

SPECS:
        p3 500mhz
        g400 32mb
        128mb ram,
        13 gig
        turbo gl 1.0 (the latest) and i used the reg. setup program to install it.

whats OCing?

Comment

Overclocking.

IRQ's are a big issue with the G400. Is it on IRQ 9 or higher? Is it sharing with another device?

What kind of motherboard are you using? Is it an Intel chipset or a VIA chipset? (There are driver issues you should be aware of if you are using a VIA based board.)

Are you using a Soundblaster Live? (If so, update to the latest drivers.)

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

the card is on IRQ 11, about the "Chipset" i am not sure, i have a pentium3 processor, but how do i find out about that to tell you?
            and im using a pc128 creative soundblaster.

Comment

Is there anything else on IRQ 11? To get a full list of your IRQ's, you can do this:

Start menu>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information

Click on the little plus sign next to "Hardware Resources." Click on IRQ. Your IRQ assignments will be listed to the right.

Do you know the manufacturer and model of your motherboard. We can look it up if you do. Also, when you open up your case to make sure your board is seated properly, look at the chips on the board. You're looking for Intel or VIA.

Paul
              paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Working...
              X