Need opionion on what to do about upgrading the g400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opionion on what to do about upgrading the g400

I have my marvel g400-tv working fine now. The only problem is that i'm still getting very low frame rates in 3dmark2000, my score is about 1012 which from what i've been reading is slow as hell. i've downloaded all the tweaks and overcloackers and they really didn't help all that much, so i was wondering if it is possible to add a second video card to my sytem say a vodoo3 and will this solve my fps problem...or could it be that i only have a 450 mhz k6-2 and need to upgrad to an anthlon or PIII. heres a small system summary..

amd k6-2 350@450
    128 meg pc100
    maxtor hd
    yamaha sound
    2-dvd's
    marvel g400-tv

Is there anywhwere on-line where a can do some reading and research on dual video cards..all input is welcome...thanx

It's certainly the cpu. You can now buy cpu's that are one generation up and twice as fast as your current cpu...

Comment

Thanks for your reply. What CPU would you recommend and do i have to change the motherboard too. I have a asus P5a

Comment

Try triple that... ie MB and CPU!

Coppermine and Athlon's OC'd with new MB's

Try an Asus P3B for P3's and MSI's 6167 for Athlon's

------------------
        Designer of the first commercial Athlon mod.
        Anyone up for an Eclipse'd Athlon? Email me (epc@netdirect.net) for more information

3000 mips, 1.172 gflops @ 900 mHz 1:3 latency
        CPUmark99 75
        FPU Winmark 4890

3Dmark 99 Max (8x6 16, 16, triple) PD5.41

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X