Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reposting: TankJR model problem in Q3A....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reposting: TankJR model problem in Q3A....

'Couse of the weird desapearing of all threads, I'm reposting this one:

I'm having a realy nasty problems with TankJR model in Q3A, it's throwing vertexes all around the maps when someone is wearing it. No matter what geometry settings I choose, it's the same, or even worse - sometimes Q3A goes "down the drain"... This situation realy gets on my nerv, so if anyone know about this one, or have any sugestion, please share it with me. Ugh, I almost forgot, I have Millennium G400 SH 32mb ram, CPU Celeron 333A O/C_ed 500 MHz, 128 mb of system ram. Q3A is fully instaled, and there has been no altering in the pak0.pk3 - clean install of the full version.

Thanks in advance.

------------------
    Usul
    Usul

Sorry Mr. Paul Atreides, I have no really good suggestions for you, but have you tried to lower the clockspeed of your celeron? I'm very sure that that isn_t the Prob. Do you use TGL? If yes then try normal ICD.

Mega

------------------
    K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
    G400 16MB, 192MB Ram and so on
    K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz

Comment

Sorry Mr. Paul Atreides, I have no really good suggestions for you, but have you tried to lower the clockspeed of your celeron? I'm very sure that that isn_t the Prob. Do you use TGL? If yes then try normal ICD.

Mega

------------------
      K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz
      K6-3 400Mhz@450Mhz

Comment

Found "solution" by myself, thow I don't like it much. When geometry details is set to high and r_loadbias is set to 2, all works well. When geometry details is set to medium and r_loadbias is set to 1 or 2, all goes well also. And there is no problem with other models, just this fu*kin_artificial_cybo_armored_stupidity_Q2lookali ke model. The only thing is that the other models look rough now, and I don't like it, but...(stupid driver or md3 problem should be fixed, I hope so).

For the test purpouses, can somebody try to see the following settings in their q3config.cfg and post it here:

r_subdivisions
        r_loadbias

Also, if it's possible to tell me which PD you have and if you're using TGL or not.

Thanks in advance.
        Usul

Comment

No mater what speed I try for CPU, it's still the same. And yes, I'm using TGL, but with standard OGL (PD 5.30) the damn thing still throw its vertexes all around the map(s). I'm starting to believe that somehow pak0.pk3 got corrupted, so last evening I reinstalled Q3A, started with default q3config.cfg, I have done no altering to the system settings via game options, nor some tweaker...the problem remains...Weird indeed...

------------------
          Usul
          Usul

Comment

Working...
          X