problems with TurboGL and Q3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with TurboGL and Q3

well I had to reformat my HD the other day and now I cant seem to get the TurboGL install into my Q3 directory anymore. The turboGL manager says its installed but I dont see the OpenGL32.dll in there? I have all the latest drivers and it worked just fine before I had to reformat. Any suggestions?
    Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts

Can you see any dll files?

Did you just load win 98/95 on the reformatted hd? If you did, remember that Windows likes to hide hidden/system files upon fresh installation. Make sure that in folder options that the "Show all files" is checked and the "Hide file extensions for known file types" is unchecked.

xippo

Comment

Xippo...I dont know what the heck I was thinking that was it I just didnt have the show all file types set thanks<
      Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts

Comment

Two options:

The easy way:

If any other games are using the turbogl, find the file OpenGL32.dll in the game's directory and copy it to the Quake3 directory.

The annoying way:

use the turbogl manager (that other excecutable that came with the turbogl download). Once it finds Quake 3 and insists TurboGL is installed, check the box beside Quake 3 and select Remove. This should remove all association of Q3 with TurboGL. Now close the turbo gl manager and run it again...now try installing the turbogl for Quake 3.

------------------
        This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

Comment

Working...
        X