Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who is thinking of buying Janes F/A 18 and has a G400-Read..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone who is thinking of buying Janes F/A 18 and has a G400-Read..

I was waiting for this sim for months and was the first to go buy it the other day. I have a G400 P3 500,256mb pc133 and this game has unacceptable framerates around 10, the graphics are horrible,I can't believe with all detail on high and 1024x768 res the buildings are a joke the lightning looks like the old missle command game,carrier ops are basic,and best of all when you are sitting on the flight deck the deck flickers off and on and when you eject you see a broken shell looking thing with no pilot. It's really a joke and yes i've tried all the drivers and have DX7a installed. This is copied from www.combatsim.com where I posted my problems along with ALOT of other unhappy people. Matt wagner @Janes who made this game wrote:Matt Wagner
    posted 01-07-2000 05:35 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I bet it's the G400. No one in the dev studio had a G400 so I can't say we've had first hand experience with it. However, during the beta process that game is tested in the hardware compatability lab on the other side of the country. I'll check on Monday to find out what the test results were with that card and get back to you here.
    Matt

NICE, its funny that they say G400 is recommended on the box yet they NEVER had one. Well I am returning my copy today and wanted to give you guys my experience with it before you spent your money. Later
    Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Geez,

How annoying is that, when you look forward to a game like that !!

Reminds me of the unhappy people that wasted their money on Tresspasser.

Comment

Tresspasser the game with the 12 foot arms...

Get yourself MIG ALLEY that game is great, looks good and plays "nice" with a G400 !

------------------
      PIII-450@600, 128 HDSRAM, Asus P3BF, G400/32, SBLive!,Brand stinkin' new Sony G400 19", (no Dual head) Nokia 447Xi 17",AOPEN DVD-1040 10x slot,PLEXTOR 8x4x32 ATAPI CD-RW,PromiseULtra66, and some fish,

Comment

I'll have to check out those posts on combatsim.
        I have a g400max (overclocked) on an overclocked agp bus, and Janes FA18 looks great.
        I don't have that flashing flight deck problems, at least not yet
        I am running the 5.41 drivers with pdesk 5.30 using directx 6.1.

Comment

LAMFDTK- I took you advice and got Mig alley, can you possibly answer a few questions about the game.What is the latest patch for this game?I just got it and installed patch 1.1 and then I read I shouldn't have patched the US version, is this right? I Also read not the run the game at a higher res than my desktop so do I need to set my desktop at 1600x1200 before starting the game for best results?I also was wondering if theres a way to lock on a target or at least see labels so I know which planes to shoot at? All I see are small red and grey dots that disappear when you get near aircraft. Sorry if this is basic and i'm just being stupid but i've been playing janes ww2 for a while and like the way it is. I really like this sim from what i've seen so far but another thing I noticed is everytime I start the sim I have to change the preferences because it defaults back to 800x600 with everything off. Thank you very much for any help.
          Asus P2b(1011),P3 500,256 mb pc133,Matrox G400 DH,Asus 50x,Iomega zip,Mitsumi CDR,Ibm 20 gb hd,Promise ultra 66 controller,Sb Live,Win 2000 pro

Comment

The American release is V1.1 So If thats what you have forget the patch.

MA has to be 16bit and desktop should be at perferred resolution that you want the Sim to be.

To target try your Enter key. As with all Flight simms there is a Learning curve

I was one of the original WW2 fighters on the JCN i spent NOV 98- March 99 flying almost everynight... Got tired of the bleak terrain..heheheh

good luck

Comment

Working...
            X