Tribes demo just won't work!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribes demo just won't work!!

I have download latest powerdesk and all possible gldrivers, still game is dead slow with gl! should i also update my bios or how can i get it working with 3d acceleration. i haven't found update to demo itself but many others have got gl working with voodoo for example.
    i have matrox millenium G200, seems to suck. i would appreciate if anyone could help me!

Hi Mortez,

Tribes was written for two cards specifically in mind: DooDoo's using GLide, and RIVA's (TNT's, etc.) using OpenGL (sort of). If you want a Matrox card to work with Tribes in acclerated mode, you will have to get a G400 and use the turboGL to get it to work decently, even though it still isn't the best even then (not bad though).

Rags

Comment

Tribes is made for Glide (which is why these "others" with Voodoos have it working). The game's OGL blows large chunks, and you will never get it running as well on a Gx00 as it will on a Voodoo. You can try manually installing the TurboGL into the game, but it still won't run all that well.

Tribes2 will be out soon enough....hopefully they have decent D3D in that one...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hmmm that sucks thanks anyway. wow this forum works fast just left message hour ago and now 2 replies, thanks to those who bothered.

Comment

go read past posts of getting tribes and starsiege to work.....

basicly you have to copy the turbogl to the directory and for tribes you have to get an addon crosshair since the standard ones do not display

then you can run the games with opengl

Comment

curse, he has a G200, thus no TurboGL

Comment

Working...
            X