Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TurboGL Probs fixed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurboGL Probs fixed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heya
    After some realy annyoing probs(No game started with TGL)..here is the fix ...
    I have a AMD/K63-450 with VIA CHIPSET.
    Everything runs realy realy good, fast ...and stable ..WHOW ...
    I've installed the NEW released VIA 4-1 drivers for my Mainboard.
    And i MUST use the Matrox W9X_530 drivers ..whith the new drivers it wont work
    AGP app --> 256 !!!
    I have also installes the reg Tweak and enabled all features.
    And my problems are gone ...you find the VIA drivers here ---> http://www.via.com.tw/drivers/4in1418a.exe

Hahahahahahahaha

SKidZo

Well, it shouldn't have been all that hard to figure out, concidering how many times it has been posted around here that ss7 mobos want 5.30, and the 4-in-1 drivers....and the fact that the readme that comes with TurboGL tells you to set AGP ap to 256...

Glad you got it going though....
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

kruzin: ouch that hurt
      I've been coming to this board for several weeks trying to solve my:
      K7-700
      MSI
      G400 + Q3
      problems.
      I've done everything that has been recommended and the problems change but never disappear. So...before I find the cure and post it here, only to have someone say that the resolution to this problem was posted all over the place......please do advise me, as I can't reliably play Q3 and don't want to get slammed for letting everyone know what ultimately works for me and my system..
      J

Comment

Thanks jw ....;o)

Mr Dr. Dr. Prof. hc. med tech. Kruz !! ...
        I said the NEW drivers ...they where released before a few days .... with the OLD 4-1 Drivers that card works NOT.
        And that is what i wanted to post here ...thought it could help someone ...

Tzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ....... _|_
        Kruz to hell

Comment

Yeah well I tried 5.30 and it yields the exact same results as 5.41 (blank flickering screen on Quake III). You also don't need the 4in1 driver if you're running Win98SE.

Looks like I'll have to stick with 5.25

Comment

You're right, you don't need the 4-in-1, but you do need the AGP patch. Did you install that after updating the drivers?
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Hey Skirtzo,

If you could actually read, you would see that it has been posted many times that the NEW 4in1 drivers will be necessary to make SS7 work, because they are the scum of motherboards, and are always in need of a new patch to keep the scum from leaking onto your screen.

jacksoff,

And your comment was constructive how???? Why don't you go and construct yourself a hitching thumb and take a hike =)

Tin Yau Lau

Comment

Oh no! A mob of miffed mini-MURCers!

Lighten up, kiddies. I was just making an observation. SkidZo made his post sound like he discovered plutonium, when what he posted has been posted dozens of times in these forums (including a good number of threads about the "new" 4-in-1s). Seriously. Read the original post again...

"I've installed the NEW released VIA 4-1 drivers for my Mainboard."People have been recommending the 4-in-1s for ages. Back with the G200, this one one of the earliest fixes posted about, and has never stopped being posted about.

"And i MUST use the Matrox W9X_530 drivers ..whith the new drivers it wont work
                "
                This has been known since the day the drivers where released. How many hundreds of times have you read this?

"AGP app --> 256 !!!" Like this is a shock as well. It's in the readme file!

I did not insult him, or tell him to "Kruz to hell" (great idea...cop an attitude on the moderator ). Just chill out guys...

Like I said...I'm GLAD you got it working....but don't try to take credit for solving some great mystery, when all you had to do was read a little...

[This message has been edited by Kruzin (edited 08 January 2000).]
                Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hey Tylau
                  I just found that the moderator was a bit harsh with the guy that's all.

At least he (the moderator) doesn't go down to stupid insult like yours, playing with name, how childish....

------------------
                  THIS SPACE FOR RENT
                  Athlon64 4800+
                  Asus A8N deluxe
                  2 gig munchkin ddr 500
                  eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
                  X-Fi Fatality
                  HP w2207

Comment

My advise would be to take this as a lesson and go with a motherboard with the best chipset currently available next time. For some time this has been the BX/GX Intel set. Some things you can compromise on to save cash. Your motherboard isn't one of them.

------------------
                    Kind Regards,

KvH

[This message has been edited by KvHagedorn (edited 08 January 2000).]

Comment

Hey Jackzzzawhateveryourname is,

I thought that was your name

My bad!

Tin Yau Lau

Comment

Absolutly agree with you Kv.
                        Once had a K6-2 with a Mobo with Via chipset (+g200), never have such an instable system, the Agp was/is? implemented like crap) went back to Intel and never have that much problems. In the end it costed me more..So I've learned.
                        Athlon64 4800+
                        Asus A8N deluxe
                        2 gig munchkin ddr 500
                        eVGA 7800 gtx 512 in SLI
                        X-Fi Fatality
                        HP w2207

Comment

And you do not necessarily have to set the AGP Aperture to 256MB. I have mine set to 128MB and the 5.30 drivers and the TGL still work fine together.

Joel
                          Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                          Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I don't think the problem is the chipset itself as much as it is the implimentation of it by the motherboard manufacturer. I have two EPoX VIA MVP3 based boards and they are very stable. One has the G200 on it and the other the G400. And even with all the beta testing I do of new drivers the systems are still very stable. IMO FIC and Soyo have got to be the worst boards out there and those are the ones that seem to have the most problems. But they sell alot of them because they are cheap.

Joel
                            Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                            Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

Hi Joel,

The Epox may be more stable, but it's performance (for me anyways) is quite a bit lower than my Va 503+, and my FIC has been reasonably stable, once the funking settings are tweaked.
                              So, I guess the question is what do you want, performance or a bit extra in the stability department? I say both, that's why my main and secondary systems are both BX based. Stable, quick, easy to setup.

Rags

Comment

Working...
                              X