X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terror Games?

Hi guys,
    I've been looking for terror game.
    It should not be bloody, no too much kill, just scare your mind, like The Langoliers does. ;-)
    I heared about the System Shock 2, Alone in the Dark, and I think maybe DarkSeed II will be better in my case.
    But I'm not sure, is there any other such games out there?
    Thanks for any response!

I would recommend System Shock 2 as it's has the psychological horror thing in it. Mutant cyborgs walking behind walls of corridors with creepy sound effects as they walk with their metal joints screaming and so on. The player really feels to live in the game environment. Play the game at midnight without any lights and volumes high. It's quite an experience.

Alone in The Dark series are bit old graphically and may not give horrific feels but in 92-94 it was a frightening experience and a great game.
    [ j c o l e ]

Comment

I have an older game but it was the most goriest, discusting, game I've ever played.
      The movie clips almost made me throw up, no seriously!

The game is called "Phantasmagoria" when playing you'll see 5 of the most horrible murder scenes, that'll make you have nightmares for a week
      It's an adventure type game a bit old like I said, you can probably pick it up cheap.

Cheers,
      Elie

Comment

There´s always the Resident Evil bilogy...

...but you´ll have to use nappies while playing it.

------------------
        Intel Celeron 433, G200 8Mb AGP, Intel Atlanta 440LX, Soundblaster PCI 128, 96 Megs SDram, 4.3 WD Caviar HD, AOC 5VLR monitor 15".

Remember folks:
        "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers"
        Pablo Picasso

Comment

Hi.
          You could try "Nocturne". It's a third person horror adventure with some nice atmosphere and graphics. Don't know about its blood&gore level but at least it _seems_ to be a more subtle titel. You can get the demo here: http://www.avault.com/pcrl/demos_list.asp?letter=n

It's a pretty huge download though.

------------------
          The shortest distance between two points is under construction.
          The shortest distance between two points is under construction.

Comment

Nocturne gets my vote,although the controls and 3rd person view are kind of annoying.Spooky sounds and excellent atmosphere.Definately try demo first.
            gobrob
            oh yea,and it has quite high system requirements if I remember.....
            runs a bit choppy if you don't have 128 megs ram

[This message has been edited by gobrob (edited 07 January 2000).]

Comment

Working...
            X