Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone get Thief Gold to work with G-400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone get Thief Gold to work with G-400?

When I try to play Thief Gold it will not run in hardware mode. It starts up in software mode and says at the top "could not set resolution"
    I have tried every resolution available. Any ideas?

There's good news and bad news...Thief Gold should play with the previous 5.30 drivers but will not with the 5.41. The driver uninstall is a snap with the PDuninstall utility. Matrox support swears that they arwe working on it.

------------------
    ASUS P3BF 440BX MB, Intel PIII 500 Mhz, 128MB RAM,Fujitsu 13 GB HD, Acer 50X CDROM, Matrox G400 Max (ver 5.41/turbo), SB Live MP3+ sound card, DX7.0
    Win98se ,ASUS P3BF ACPI 1006,Intel PIII 500 i440BX, 128MB RAM,Quantum Fireball 20.5GB and Fujitsu 13GB HDs, LG Electronics 52X CDROM, Matrox G400Max 6.04 BIOS 1.6.25,SB Live MP3+(ver 4.06.711),Liveware3.0,DX7.0, SMC 10/100 PCI NIC/cable internet, Viewsonic E790 19" monitor

Comment

Thanks a lot for the reply. It plays fine with my duel Voodoo 2 setup, so I guess that is what I will play it with.
      I'll leave in 5.41 and wait until the next driver release to see if they fix the problem.
      Thanks Again

Comment

Thanks. I loaded the demo and wondered what the heck was going on.... Anyone know if the first Thief works with the 5.41 or is it the SOS? Can get 'em cheap now.

------------------
        "Hi, my name is Gary and I'm an OC addict"

"If your still stock,... ya' best stay on the porch"

Comment

As far as I've heard thief,thief2,System shock(i think)will not run with 5.41,is ok with 5.30.Its a problem running the game engine.
          gobrob

Comment

Working...
          X