Mechwarrior3 display error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mechwarrior3 display error?

Has anyone else had display problems with Microprose's Mechwarrior3 game in hardware mode? I'm using a G400 with PD5.41 (I've tried 5.20 as well) and the latest patches for MW3.

Basically, the game works fine until there is an explosion that I am quite close to, thenI get vertical black and white rectangles in the middle of the screen, and have to restart the game to remove.

I'm running a PII 350 on an Intel SE440BX-2, W98 release2, agp size 256MB (I've tried it with 64) and DirectX 7.0a (I've tried it with 6.1, 6.1a, and 7.0).

Any thoughts? My next step is to wipe the HD and reinstall Win98 from scratch. Good idea? Bad idea?

Thanks,

Bryan Albright

Hi Bryan,

We've discussed this in the past:
    http://forums.murc.ws/ubb/Forum4/HTML/002302.html

I doubt a re-install of win98 will solve the problem.

John

Comment

Had the same problem months back, never did solve it. I don't think it's drivers, it's crappy game coding - again.

Don't reinstall win98, it won't make a difference. Every time I've changed my system and had to reinstall win98 I load up MW3. Thinking "Maybe it won't happen this time", but it always does.

Sorry I can't be anymore help, if you do get it sorted though, I'd love to know the solution.

Cheers

------------------
      Chris Blake

Epox MVP3G5, K6III450, 256Mb RAM, G400Max DH, SBLive! Value and whole load of other stuff

[This message has been edited by Chris Blake (edited 06 January 2000).]
      Chris Blake

Comment

The odd part? Mechwarrior 3 : Pirate's Moon doesn't give me the same graphic error.....

hehe....I wonder if you could move the Pirate's Moon engine overtop of the Mech3 engine

Comment

I get it too. Pain in the ass, specially on line cause in single player, ya just hit escape, go to the options screen and go back to the game. I got pretty good at it as I played the whole game(pretty rare for me!) But in multiplayer, ya just gotta eat it. Not much good for sniping or pinpoint leg shots. Hope they fix it.

------------------
          AsusP2B ,iCeleron525(7x75), 128megs PC100, G40032megSH, Yamaha PCI sound, 2 small HD's, 42X Sony CDrom and 98SE w/shutdown patch, PD 5.41 w/Turbo MCD and beta ICD

AMD XP2100+, 512megs DDR333, ATI Radeon 8500, some other stuff.

Comment

I've just noticed that the black-n-white rectangles do not appear if you don't use the joystick (its possible that it is just a Logitech Wingman Force joystick) as the input device. There were _no_ display problems when I used the keyboard and mouse, but I only had time to test this once, and with a single joystick.

Can someone else (who is at their gaming machine (I'm at work)) verify this? Preferably both with the Logitech Force joystick and with a different one?

Thanks,

Bryan

Comment

Working...
            X