A very serious Avp/G400 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very serious Avp/G400 problem

OK,i just got the G400 and can play an avp single player game without any problem with the new drivers(the ones released in november/december sometime).I could do this BEFORE i installed the matrox avp patch so i assumed that the new drivers had taken care of the original avp problem.I then went on mplayer and got the same "white blocks"on screen that people used to complain about.Fine,i thought,i'll just extract the patch to the AvP folder(was this the right location?) and it'll be ok.Only it wasn't:the same white text blocks come up every time i go online.I'm guessing that if i downgrade back to the old drivers and reinstall the patch it would fix the problem...but the new drivers really help my frame rate in q3 and ut.I dont really want to have to reinstall old/new drivers every time i want to switch games...
    128 mb ram
    p3 450
    g400 max(well duh :E )

If you have a DVD of 'Wall Street' then message me.

Come on!pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm confused. When you refer to old drivers and new drivers, please give the version numbers. From your last post, I see you are or were using 5.30. The the newest drivers are 5.41. What are the old drivers you refered to (5.11? 5.25?) and what are the new (5.30? 5.41?).

We need a better idea of what's happening in your computer.

Paul
      paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

yeah sorry bout that:I first installed the G400 with the 5.41 drivers.Those are the "new" ones i was talking about.So what i really need from you is a driver version that has ACTUALLY WORKED with the patch.I've already tried 5.41,5.30 and 5.13 but none of them work with the damned patch...there must be someone whos playing avp online with the G400<sobs>please help a restless marine get back to his killing ways...

Comment

Well, i tried it, but all i got was a black screen. And i couldn't install the patch on avpnew's site, because mplayer detected it as an old fille, that needed to be updated.
          Stragely enouph, i can play avp with the newest drivers in singleplayer, yet not multiplayer. *ARG*

Comment

Maybe it's bug report time.

Paul
            paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

The reason is because every time you get on Mplayer it makes you update your version of the game which in essence replaces your patched .exe which makes the game unplayable. So until they can get an updated version of the .exe that will not be replaced when you go on Mplayer were all screwed.

------------------
              Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts

[This message has been edited by R-u-Ready (edited 03 January 2000).]
              Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts

Comment

Working...
              X