This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ge Force Annhilator Pro? No thanks!

I have tried, the last week, the card in subject.
    I've never seen, in my life, so many errors, lockup and incopatibitilty. Stay away!
    With the Matrox G400 MAX my system is a rock solid.

------------------
    Vinicio Cavallini

that's what happens when a card is released before it's time for fear that your top card (tnt2u) is being slapped around by a card (g400m) that has a so called bad ogl
    jim
    System 1:
    AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
    Epox 8K7A
    2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
    an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
    SBLIVE 5.1
    Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
    IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
    Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
    3Com Hardware Modem
    Teac 20/10/40 burner
    Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Why bother with the GeForce? The NV15 will be available in February

Comment

Hi Zanna!

I've tried 3 Annhilator PRO on 3 different PCs. My home PC is very standard:
        Asus P2B bios 1011,250W power supply, 256M RAM, PIII 500, Monitor Philips 201B, Win98SE. I've noticed some problems:

- Random lockups never seen with the Matrox
        - the driver do not recognize the features of the Philips 201B, I can set max 1280x1024@75Hz rather than 1600x1200@85Hz
        - 2D Quality is very poor, the fonts have an horrible ...ghost on the right
        - Screen corrupt in Populous
        - Fonts corrupt un Unreal 225f
        - Bad textures and low resolution in Midtown Madness
        - Very low performance in Descend 3 and NFS Highstakes
        - Lava 2.0 has currupt textures
        - A lot of DOS programs don't run or lock, like Collins Dictionary 2.2 Italian/English
        I need of this, with my bad english! :-))))

I have sold 2 Annhilator Pro and my customers are not happy, they have all those problems.
        I don't want workaround to fix the problems, I want a card that run fine.

...waiting for the next generation of Matrox.

Bye

vinicio
        Vinicio Cavallini

Comment

I respect your OPINION , but, altougth I like G400, i'm thinking that Ge-Force as any other card must be extensively tested trough a lot of systems before to say that is bad or incompatible!!!

Please think about this other thing: some G400 customers have a bit of problems, (read this forum or matrox-hardware), maybe not all systems can accept an advanced video card as G400 or GeForce without having problems!!

What's your system SPEC?

Zanna
          <b><i><font size="+1">Zanna.</font></i></b>
          <p><b><font size="-2"><hr>Current Config: Asus P4C800 Deluxe / Intel Pentium 4c 3.2 Ghz - 800 Mhz Bus / Dual 512Mb DDR 400 Ram (1Gb) / Matrox Millennium G400Max /&nbsp;&nbsp;Sound Blaster Audigy 2 /&nbsp; Western Digital WD2500JB: 250 Gb-7.2Krpm-8MBcache! / Superfloppy LS120 /&nbsp;Yamaha CRW-F1e /&nbsp;LG&nbsp;52x CDROM /&nbsp;Dual Boot 98se / W2k</font></b></p>

Comment

I just took Annhilator pro out of my system and put my G400 max back in it. Annhilator pro has a lot of issues, I"m going to wait for next generation cards

Comment

Just thought i'd add my 2 pence.
              being bored and havng far to much time on my hand. I decided to create a promo movie for the GeForce
              http://members.xoom.com/cmb6183/promo1.zip

It's a Zipped asf file around 3mg, you will need Windows Media Player to play it.
              and do let me know what you think!
              :O)
              CMB

i nade the quality better thats why ive changed the link :O)

[This message has been edited by CMB (edited 31 December 1999).]
              Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

I think maybe it's a motherboard problem. A lot of these next generation cards draw so more power than the average 440BX motherboard delivers consistently, thus causing a lot of issues. Everyone's kinda snickering at 3dfx for having an external power connector on their Voodoo5 line, but I think it's pretty smart. I had to return my Voodoo3 3500 because it sucked so much power from the motherboard, it erased my CMOS settings every time I turned off my system. However, I ended up with a G400, which has been a fantastic and, as you've said, rock-solid card. Happy New Year...

Comment

That was awesome, CMB!

Comment

it may be true that the Geforce draws too much power but i all honesty i have the ddr version(from creative) and have zero problems with it,it recognized all my games properly, even went into full overclocking mode(runs nice and stable at 140 mhz clock and 360 mhz memory)and left it running quake2 1600*1200 32bit overnight(looping demo)woke up next morning and was still going strong,now before everyone starts with the insults i still do have the G400 max in my second computer and while it runs very well,the DDR Geforce outperforms it by a very large margin(q3 1024*768 32 bit color-all settings set to high- at 70fps)and it never drops below 50 even in heavy multiplayer action(half dozen or more players in your field of view,rockets flying everywhere,gibs galore,you name it).i doubt it could be a driver problem that could be making all those problems for vinicio,but it stands to reason that it could be a power issue.my 2 cents anyways.
                    note to self...

Assumption is the mother of all f***ups....

Primary system :
                    P4 2.8 ghz,1 gig DDR pc 2700(kingston),Radeon 9700(stock clock),audigy platinum and scsi all the way...

Comment

Well, face it, the GeForce IS vastly superior in 3D performance to the G400, MAX or not. And it seems you guys must really pray for all the ridiculous problems you seem to have with GeForce boards to justify keeping your G400s. I NEVER, EVER had any of those problems. And you really believe there's much 2D visual difference between any cards?? Perhaps if you really, really want to see it....

Comment

GeForce promo movie? Seems more like the desperate action of someone who feels he needs to justify his purchase.

A G400 is no doubt a nice card, but to insist it is the only one to have "the touch" is plain ludicrous and reaks of fanatical devotion. Heck, that's even worse than the crap I've seen from 3dfx sheep.

[This message has been edited by Matrox Crusher (edited 31 December 1999).]

Comment

I don't think making a "promo" movie is nearly as pathetic as lurking into a forum with a name like "Matrox Crusher", and badmouthing the forum members.

Get a life, and go back to you GeFarce forums.
                          Sheesh. Talk about "ludicrous and reaks of fanatical devotion". You don't see MURCers trolling nVidia forums...
                          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I don't think making a "promo" movie is nearly as pathetic as lurking into a forum with a name like "Matrox Crusher", and badmouthing the forum members.
                            NVIDIA bashing was going on here long before I even registered, you think it's a surprise I picked that name?

Get a life, and go back to you GeFarce forums.
                            Correction, I have a life. I don't spend my time on making stupid video clips to bad-mouth competition. One other thing, one would expect at least some sense of objectivity from a forum's moderator. GeFarce? That's something a 12-year old kid would come up with.

Sheesh. Talk about "ludicrous and reaks of fanatical devotion". You don't see MURCers trolling nVidia forums...
                            Wrong on that count, seen enough of those. Fact remains, NVIDIA's GF card seems like a really touchy subject to some of the folks here. Touchy enough to go on a bashing jihad. Question for CMB: Do you also sleep and have sex with your G400?

[This message has been edited by Matrox Crusher (edited 31 December 1999).]

Comment

I guess it's time we pick up the fire-extinguisher again, guys...
                              As it's Matrox Crusher

Please be so kind to include at least your email next time, MC...

Jorden.
                              Jordâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                              X