HOW DO YOU GET YOU NUMBERS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW DO YOU GET YOU NUMBERS?

i read alot of these post and keep seeing thing like 150-187.5-150 how do you find these numbers i got a matrox g400 max and am using the matrox tweak utility i have vsinc turned off and clocking bar at 115. i use sisoft sandra and it still says that speed of agp is 150mhz.dont think im stupid as i built this entire system from scratch.its a p3 733 with a new asus motherboard,a raid fastack 66 with 2 ibm deskstars in raid o witch is sripping mode.one drive does 0s the other does 1s,and yes its unbeilevable fast.i have tried all of the other vidio boards and none have compared to the matrox at all!i dont know if i got a freak card but this one just rocks thats all i can say!! well i dont know it all and never will but a little inlightenment on this would help from somone more knowledgable in this field thanksfor your responses!!

Hi there

Matrox tweak utility doesn´t show up the core/memory frequencies. (I think that´s what you´re talking about). It shows the ratio overclocked speed/normal speed in percentage. So you have oc your MAX by 15%, so you are running the core at 172.5 Mhz and the memory at 230 (from the default 150/200). These are the numbers for the max, the normal vanilla G400 is clocked at 126/168.

MGA tweak or Powerstrip show you the real clock speed. Here, try MGA tweak: http://www.murc.ws/Overclockers/mgat112b.zip

About the AGP speed being 150 mhz: No it isn´t. You must be running your fsb at 112 mhz, right? So you AGP speed is 2/3 of it (75 Mhz). But as the video card is running AGP 2x, the transfer rate is actual doubled to a teorethical 150 Mhz. And that´s what sisoft reports. But keep in mind that´s nothing to do with the actual video card core/mem speed. So to sum it up, you are running a G400 MAX clocked at 172.5 core, 230 memory, running in a 75 Mhz AGP bus, doing AGP2x transfers.

Hope this helps.

(BTW, nice system you have there)

[This message has been edited by Nuno (edited 28 December 1999).]

Comment

NUNO you are the man and that surely was not pony express lol.thank you for your complement on my comp as i take great pride in it.as for the overclocking issue i was wondering if anyone would have cought on to the 150mhz.but you were right on top of things, and yes it is 112fsb. as for the help well ill go try that and post with results thank you very much my friend!

Comment

You´re welcome

Keep posting!

Comment

ok this is what i got just starting up this utility it siad i was 330.75 165.38-220.50-165.38 i tried to change mem settings but when i restarted comp they were all back to normal?i dont know how the one guy posted 517 mhz wow thats kind of high wouldnt you say he was davepc, wow thats very hi!!

Comment

Dale, not neccessarily. He's using different multipliers hence the high #'s.
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

since memory is usually the limiting factor, many people use the multiplier to adjust the core higher without breaching the memory limit
              jim

------------------
              PIII-500mhz @ 620 ! with an Abit BE6 mobo
              128mb pc-100
              Mill G400 (YAHOO!!!) 32mb @ 167/208 with MGATweak-417mhz, (2.5, 2, 2.5), PD 5.41 & bios 1.5-22
              Maxtor 14.3 gb Uata66 hdd
              SB Live!
              Winblows 98se & DX7
              32 lbs. of fans, heatsinks and aluminum ductwork
              3DMark Result 5954.69 3DMarks
              Synthetic CPU 3D Speed 9325.69 CPU 3DMarks
              Rasterizer Score 2791.72 3DRasterMarks
              Game 1 - Race 65.07 FPS
              Game 2 - First Person 54.89 FPS
              Fill Rate 268.79 MTexels/s

System 1:
              AMD 1.4 AYJHA-Y factory unlocked @ 1656 with Thermalright SK6 and 7k Delta fan
              Epox 8K7A
              2x256mb Micron pc-2100 DDR
              an AGP port all warmed up and ready to be stuffed full of Parhelia II+
              SBLIVE 5.1
              Maxtor 40g 7,200 @ ATA-100
              IBM 40GB 7,200 @ ATA-100
              Pinnacle DV Plus firewire
              3Com Hardware Modem
              Teac 20/10/40 burner
              Antec 350w power supply in a Colorcase 303usb Stainless

New system: Under development

Comment

Working...
              X