Quake and G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake and G400

Being a new G400 owner after happy 3dxf years I struggled a little to get the G400 running , however since installing Power Desk 5.41 , TurboGL v1 and the G400icd the likes of Quake3 run fine , GLQuake however flatly refuses to run Gamespy starts glqwcl.exe then im left watching a blank black screen with a system lock leading to a reboot . Any ideas or help apreciated .

Most likely you have an opengl32.dll file in your quake directory that was written for your 3DFx card.
    The Matrox TGL installer does not install into quake1, so you have to do it by hand.
    Find the opengl32.dll in your quake directory, kill it, replace it withe the opengl32.dll that comes with the Matrox TGL.
    You can find the TGL opengl32.dll in your Quake2 or Quake3 directories.
    chuck

------------------
    ABit BF6 w/ Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@3.0, noname CDRom@40x, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Acatel 1000 ADSL@1.5mb/sec, Princeton EO75@1024x768x32x85hz, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Comment

This was a new computer and the G400 came with the machine , ive copied the opengl32.dll from Quake3 ( generated by turboGL ) into the Quake folder and it works fine now and the textures are now correct the only problem i have now is that status bar at the bottom of the screen has flickers on and off or becomes corrupted with other textures . Any ideas on this last problem please ?

Comment

Problem solved im just using the HUD bar on the side of the screen and QW now runs as well as it ever did on my Voodoo2 . Thanks .

Comment

add
          -fullsbar
          to the command line.
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Thanks m8 that works fine

[This message has been edited by Pathogen (edited 27 December 1999).]

Comment

Working...
            X