Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thief trouble

has anyone had trouble with thief.
    im running it on a g400(32 meg dh),pd 5.41& dx7a.it wont let me use resolutions above 640*480 and the textures on water are corrupted,any ideas?
    P3-500@525(105*5.5)
    abit eb6 mobo
    128meg ram
    g400(32 meg dh)@158/210

Yo,
    i've got thief demo on my system which i've just begun playing. i don't think thief detects Dx7 (and yes i have read the readme files)- when i enable hardware acceleration it justs switches back to software saying something like "unable to initiate video mode or something"
    i have Dx7 and PD5.41 on my g200sd.

Comment

You mean, you are actually able to run Thief with 5.41 drivers? Consider yourself lucky. These drivers have a bug that crashes Thief and Thief engine based games (like System Shock2). Try using 5.30 drivers (but run Matrox unnistaller 1st)

Comment

The PD 5.41 bug does not cause Thief to crash. It will run, albeit in what appears to be some kind of corrupted software mode -- just as glynnoss described above.

As Nuno said, the only work-around at the moment is to downgrade to PD 5.30. Matrox is currently working on a fix.

Comment

put the 5.30 powerdesk drivers back on & theif works great.
          cheers nuno & spire!!
          godddammit wheres the beer!!

Comment

dammit,spot the toilet who cant spell!!
            soz people(i am also a lazy english a-hole who cant be arsed to use caps lock).
            merry christmas

Comment

Glad you got it working

Merry Christmas man

Comment

Working...
              X