Turbogl & Quake3a Demo??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbogl & Quake3a Demo??

Hi, I tried using the turbogl drivers, and it dosn't work, Matrox got back to me and said, type in -safe, behind the demo.exe in the shortcut to the demo on the desktop/ I did this, and with the turbo drivers on, I get a white screen, the hour glass, and a beeping in the background. I havta reboot to get out of it. Any thoughts?? I turned up the agp aperature in bios to 128, ( as high as my board allows ( bios ) ).
    Specs of system:
    sy6vba133 mobo
    p3 450 at 675
    g400 vanilla 32mb clocked to 276, with tennmax cooler on the chip
    192mb pc133
    ( Q3 demo runs at 66.7 without turbo )
    Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!/ lol Thanx in advance

------------------
    Help me get this Boot outta my azz!!

Oops I forgot/ I have directx 7 installed, and newest matrox drivers, 5.41 I believe, and newest bios

------------------

Comment

go into the quake directory and remove OpenGL32.dll then start up Q3. set the video setting to 800x600 @32bit. then close Q3 and put the Opengl32.dll back into the quake3 directory and it should work

------------------
      Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts
      Flux capacitor overclocked to 1.31 jigawatts

Comment

R-U-Ready.. Thanx for the info/ However, nothing changed , sigh.. I either get a white screen, or the end of the credits... I removed all the drivers for matrox, re-installed em.. to no avail, I guess it must be sum other conflict ?? Also I even dl'd the 7.0a directx/ still no go

------------------

Comment

What version of TurboGL are you using? The first one or the second? I believe the newer version has resolved a bug that required you to enter the game in 800x600, 32-bit.

Paul
          paulcs@flashcom.net

Comment

Heres what I did to get TurboGL working it might help for you:

Reinstall the older G400 drivers (5.30)
            Reinstall just the newest TGL opengl32.dll into the Q3A directory.

Reboot and run Q3A.

hope it help...

Comment

Thanx guys I uninstalled the 5.41 drivers and the turbogl drivers, Re-installed the 5.30 drivers, then installed the turbogl driver again .. yay/ it works... My fps went from 66.7 or so to 92.4 in Quake3 demo , wow what a difference Thank you all again, and Merry Christmas !!!

------------------

Comment

Working...
              X