optimal games for G-400 Max out of box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• optimal games for G-400 Max out of box

I have a new G-400 Max with 128mb of ram and P-500 processor. Could anyone help me with a short list of compatable games out of the box? Ones that I would not have to tweak too much that I could play with my son when he comes home for the holidays.I do have Q-3 but was wondering about other games. Recently installed PD 5.4 DX7 and the newest turbo gl drivers from the Matrox web site.I have read the compatable list of games when I downloaded the drivers but I was curious about feedback from people with real-world experience. Thanks to all and Happy Holidays Mark

Drakan is one beautiful game on the g400,supports bumpmapping well.Gameplay is average in my opinion.i'm running celeron300@450, 128 megs ram and 16m g400sh &it runs smooth as silk at 1024x768.This is one game I played with my son(6yrs)and we both enjoyed it.
    gobrob

[This message has been edited by gobrob (edited 22 December 1999).]

Comment

don,t forget unreal tournament
      how old is your son?
      cya seven

------------------
      hell yeah i love this g 400 max
      hell yeah i love this g 400 max

Comment

Drakan definatly is a good one to show off the G400...but kinda bloody if yer kid is young.

The demo for Renegade Racers just released. It will support two players on independant monitors with the G400 for head-head racing.

UT looks pretty good, but more bloody than Drakan.

Homeworld is good too, and no blood there
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yes, definitely Homeworld, if you're interested at all in a real-time stategy-type game. Absolutely gorgeous on the ol' G400. Turn everything on "high" and enjoy!

John

------------------
          ------------------------
          PIII450 => 504 MHz, Asus P2B, G400MAX, PowerDesk 5.30, Aureal SQ 2500 (Vortex2), Klipsch Promedia V2.400 speakers, DirectX 7.0, Adaptec AHA-2940U2W and Fireport40 Dual UW SCSI controllers, Quantum Atlas 10K and WD Enterprise HDs, Plextor UtraPlex Wide, S&F 4012 CDR, the last ISA modem, etc.

Comment

gobrob, can i ask what settings you have drakkan on
            its 1024 i got that but what about , detail, fog, textures ect???
            Windows XP Pro + SP1 - Pentium 4 3.1gig - 1024mg DDR 333 2 cas - Thermaltake Xaser Case - Parhelia 128 - 3x Phillips TFT Monitors - Audigy 2 Platinum - 6.1 surround speakers - RTx100 - 5 HD 7200rpm (420gig) - Pioneer A03 - Partridge in a pear tree

Comment

ummm,I don't have it on anymore but it seems to me I had everything turned on and at the time I only had 64megs of ram.
              gobrob
              oh,and I turned the gore(blood?) off to play with my 5 year old

[This message has been edited by gobrob (edited 25 December 1999).]

Comment

Working...
              X