Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G400 + GL Quakeworld = Rainbow-blended textures?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 + GL Quakeworld = Rainbow-blended textures?

I just replaced my TNT with a G400, and got these strange textures in GL QuakeWorld.

They look like hardware lights blended with the actual textures...except these is no colored lighting in the quake engine... Anyway, theyre randomly placed and randomly colored...as you can see, some places have two exact same textures, one altered, one not.

I unistalled the TNT drivers before installing the G400. I followed Matrox's <a href="http://www.matrox.com/mga/tech_supp/faq/config.htm#How do I do a Complete driver uninstall">procedure</a> to the letter, updated the latest drivers, and reinstalled DX7. Any idea whats causing this?

------------------
    This Signature Space FOR SALE / RENT

"Any idea whats causing this?"

Answer: Buggy OGL ICD.

Workaround: put "r_dynamic 0; gl_flashblend 1" to your id1/autoexec.cfg. You'll lose dynamic lighting, but that's the price to pay if playing GLQuake/GLQW on Matrox drivers.

This is known problem and we're still waiting a fix for it.

-Tumu

------------------
    Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.3),
    64MB PC100 RAM, G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM (not overclocked, a fan, bios v2.6),
    PD5.41, SB16 Value, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
    Win95OSR2.1 finnish

Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
    64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
    Win98 finnish

Comment

Welcome to the club, Madcat.

About that problem- don't be silly! It's a feature, not a bug- Matrox thought that the disco look was coming back in, and wanted us G400 owners to be the first kids on the block to have it in our game. LOL

Seriously though, Tumu's right. Slightly buggy ICD is to blame. Still gotta give Matrox some credit, since they have come so far with the ICD in such a short time.

------------------
      Ace
      "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
      Gainward Ti4600
      AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Did you try turbogl?

Comment

Thanks for the help guys, I dont suppose im going to be playing QW much longer anyway...thanks to carmack releasing the source (bastard!). Ive already run into hacked servers and people with hacked clients...its not pretty. So I guess this was the optimum time to discover the G400 doesnt like QW, eh?

In any case, I used Matrox's installer for the TurboGL, but it only installed it for Q3demo, UT demo and HalfLife...is this just like a MiniGL (stick it in the same directory as the game and it overrides the ICD), or is it something more complex?

------------------

Comment

That's exactly what it is...an MCD.
            Just copy opengl32.dll from a supported games folder into the qw folder....
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Thanks very much for the TurboGL suggestion...it worked great! no only have the bugs dissappeared, but the whole thing runs smoother!

------------------

Comment

If only the TGL would run on G200's..

And for the hacked client/server issue, soon there will be servers that accept only clients with proxies (like Cheapo/Qizmo/Nitro2), so the client binaries (current and new bug-fix releases by QIP and other groups) and other stuff can be authenticated.

-Tumu

------------------
                Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.3),
                64MB PC100 RAM, G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM (not overclocked, a fan, bios v2.6),
                PD5.41, SB16 Value, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
                Win95OSR2.1 finnish

Celeron 333 (not overclocked), GigaByte 6BXE Intel 440BX AGPset (bios v3.4),
                64MB PC100 RAM, nVidia TNT2 32M (was G200 AGP 8MB SGRAM), SB Live! Value LW3.1, 3COM Fast EtherLink XL, Sony Multiscan 100ES, HP8210i
                Win98 finnish

Comment

Working...
                X