X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 + Win3.1 Why No Working?

Gurm,
    Your problem is a simple one.
    You have what are called "partitions" on your hard drive. These are interfering with your enjoyment of your computer.
    To fix this problem :
    1, Exit windows.
    2, Type "fdisk" at the commmand prompt.
    3, Follow the fancy menus until you find the phrase "Delete primary dos partition?"
    4, Answer "Y"
    5, Your problems are now solved! (and so are ours )
    chuck

PS As an added bonus, your computer can now do double duty as a boat anchor.

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 22 December 1999).]
    Chuck
    秋音的爸爸

Very cute, Gurm.

Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

G400 + Win3.1 Why No Working?

HI! I have Windows 3.1 with all the latest patches. I refuse to upgrade to Windows 95 because I have heard that it sucks. Why can't I make Quake3 and TurboGL work on my system? I tried manually unpacking all the files, because the setup program refused to run. But then the driver wouldn't change. I am VERY upset. I REFUSE to pay $100 for a new OS when it has no new features that I want. This card and all games should work with my current OS!

DAMN YOU BILL GATES AND MATROX!

- Gurm

----------------

Boomstick blah blah BOOM blah blah.

[This message has been edited by Gurm (edited 22 December 1999).]
      The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
      If only life were as easy as you
      I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
      I would still get screwed

Comment

CJolley think him funny.

Him not know me very well.

Him better have flame-proof suit for flaming, AND body armor for BOOM STICK!

- Ash

------------------
        Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

You say Windows 95 doesn't have any anything you need, well if you want to use Turbo GL you need Win 98. And to play Quake 3 you need Win95.

My advice if you really don't want Win95, is don't try and play Quake 3 and use Turbo GL, as it just isn't gonna happen my friend.

It's the way of life, MS update their OS, and you have to follow, as games take advantage of the new features of the new OS. It's a shame, but what can you do.

Adrian "Jazza"

[This message has been edited by Jazza (edited 23 December 1999).]
          --
          Jazza
          www.i-wish.org.uk

P3 500 (not O/C)
          Gigabyte BXDS
          256Mb Ram
          Matxor 30.5Gb IDE
          Fujusi 15Gb IDE
          Creative 5x DVD
          Yamaha 4416s CDRW
          Iomega Zip
          SB Live
          G400 Max
          WinME
          Powerdesk 6 (beta)

Comment

If playing Q3 is your primary goal why not use Linux ? You wont have to pay anything for Linux and according to the news on this site Q3 runs just fine with the G400 and Linux.
            If you still need Win3.1 you can use a boot manager to benefit from both OS.

[This message has been edited by Yggdrasil (edited 23 December 1999).]
            The shortest distance between two points is under construction.

Comment

IRONY
              Main Entry: iro·ny
              Pronunciation: 'I-r&-nE also 'I(-&)r-nE
              Function: noun
              Inflected Form(s): plural -nies
              Etymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from eirOn dissembler
              Date: 1502
              1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning -- called also Socratic irony
              2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance
              3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony
              synonym see WIT
              chuck

[This message has been edited by cjolley (edited 23 December 1999).]
              Chuck
              秋音的爸爸

Comment

Wow, you MURCers are really funny & clever. I'm using Win95, TGL ( Celeron ) & playing Q3 very happily. I had to unpack the drivers by hand, but I'm not whining, I'm just happy to be able to use the thing. Somebody show me a signifivcant increase in Q3 performance ( at 800x600 or higher ) under Win98 *without* also changing my hardware and I'll think about upgrading.
                Meanwhile why not do what this forum's good at & help people out, rather than making crap jokes ?
                Seems to me you're all just trying to justify the money you spent upgrading to something that doesn't do the job any better...

Capt.Spin

Comment

Comment

Gee, I thought it was a kinda funny joke till you took it so badly, ianshepherd....

...oh, dear, but that says more about you having a case of "If-The-Shoe-Fits" Syndrome than it does about the quality of the joke, doesn't it...?

Ooops! Sorry!

--------------------
                    Holly

Comment

Working...
                    X