• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quake 3 with no cd how?? ask me???

hey get in touch i,ll tell u how

------------------
    hell yeah i love this g 400 max

Well, you could just use the crack from GameCopyWorld.

Or you could make an image of the CD on your hard drive and do it that way.

But it doesn't matter, since EVERYONE here has BOUGHT a LEGAL copy of Quake3, right?

Friggin' W4R3Z PUPZ.

Interesting statistics:

Number of Total Attempts by Key Generators in the first week of Quake3's release:

17 Million

Number of Successful Keys Guessed:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

- Ash

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

ID-17,000,000
      loosers-zero...

kewl

dMo

------------------
      dMo
      dMo

Comment

You don't need a CD-key if you are playing on a W4R35 Server. But... you must keep it off the net, since id is actively tracking down cracked servers...

Heh.

L4M3R5 - 0
        id - Millions

Heh.

Suckers.

- Ash

------------------
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

Actually I have it on good authority that certain individuals have been playing over the net with keys obtained from key-generators. Albeit once they disconnected from the server they were no longer able to connect to any others...
          Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Maniac:

What you have described counts as the key failing. If it works to connect but then id's master server negs it, it isn't a valid key, now IS IT?

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

Well I hope that those ppl copying these games are doing it 'cos they can't afford decent computer hardware. It would be quite selfish if you spent a couple of k on a PC and then decided you couldn't afford software
              Primary System: Athlon 850, 128MB PC133 Ram, GeForce GTS 32DDR, Abit KA7 MoBo, AWE64 Gold, 2940AU Scsi with 32x Reader and 4x4x16 Writer, Jaz and Zip, Card Cooler.

Seconday System: P3 @ 560
              Tertiary System: Celeron 400

Comment

Seems like you all jumped to conclusions a little bit too fast. Some of us like NOT having to place the CD in the drive when we want to play the game. And, before you make any more smart-aleck comments, yes, I DO have the full retail store-bought game. However, both this game and UT like to have their disks in the drive when I run them, and it's a nuisance (pain in the ass would be going too far) to have to continually swap the CDs in and out (and try to keep track of where I put the damn thing when I used it earlier, etc.).

So not everyone wanting to use a no-cd crack is trying to rip off id. I still have to use the same CD key from the back of the case, so why do I need that damn CD check too?

------------------
                Ace
                "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                Gainward Ti4600
                AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Thats right and even those who pirated the game have the CD anyway...(well a copy of it)
                  Celeron 566@877 1.8V, 256meg generic PC-100 RAM (running at CAS2) Abit BH6, G400 16meg DH@150/200, Western Digital Expert 18gig, Ricoh mp7040A(morphed to mp7060A) Pioneer 6X DVD slot load, Motorola Cable Modem w/DEC ethernet card, Soundblaster Live Value Ver. 2, Viewsonic GT 775

Comment

Ace,

Yes, but the title of the message was a bit inflammatory. And we all know that you can get the no-cd crack from GameCopyWorld, so it's hardly news.

- Gurm

------------------

Comment

sorry it has taken so long to get back but i have been busy
                      i to have both the retail versions of quake 3 and unreal tournament i didn,t know about the crack at game copy world opps
                      i used norton virtual disc and once installed i no longer need the quake 3 disc to play the game is or when is a patch coming out for q 3 so u can play at higer res than 8 x 6 with out having crashes when u forget to change it back b4 u shut it down
                      don,t he guys at id play any higer than 8 x 6?????????????
                      any way cya later seven

------------------

Comment

I saw in interview with Paul Steed and Tim Willits posted recently where they were asked what resolution they play at. The answer: everybody plays at 640x480.

Dunno why, tho - I'd figure they could and would have the biggest baddest computers out there - playing at really awesome resolutions.

------------------
                        Check us out for all your Rocket Arena mapping needs!
                        http://www.planetquake.com/mahq
                        Check us out for all your Rocket Arena mapping needs!
                        http://www.planetquake.com/mahq

Comment

so .. what if u go buy the game .. and when u installed it .. IT WONT START. the computer hangs.. not that i support piracy.. i dont .. only i bought the game in hopes of that the game would be better than the demo (wich by the way worked nice and smoth). so happy me inserts the cd full install .. as usual, reboot, now start the game .. screewy looking images and id-logo pounding in the back.. well it sounds like it .. anyway, then lock up .. hard boot .. f**** q3a ..
                          athlon500g400DH32mb256ram30GBhd7200rpm .. and so on..

Comment

Working...
                          X