question for UK/ GER - PAL people:

Can you see videotext using the RR-G and
    is there sw bundled to play right out of
    the box ?

regards

Gary

Gerhard,

up to now there is no videotext support in the sw bundled with RR-G;

I'm interested to it and I've asked a lot of times Matrox, by e-mail and phone, in order to have some info.

They told me that videotext support will be
    released "in the future"; the last info they gave me is that it will be available BY THE END OF THIS MONTH (SEPTEMBER)!!!!...today!!!

THE BETA VIDEOTOOLS DON'T HAVE IT!!!!!

In addition, I've asked some SW Producers in order to know if they can sell me some SW Product: their answer is that Matrox doesn't give them the RRG/Marvel HW/driver specs in order to built-up this SW!!!!!!!!

HAIG, COULD YOU GIVE US SOME INFO, THANKS

Lorenzo
    Italy

Comment

ad teletext: if you look at exported functions in RRAPI.DLL, here you can see some functions to teletext support.
      RRTTX_GetStatus
      RRTTX_Initialize
      RRTTX_RegisterCallback
      RRTTX_SendBuffer
      RRTTX_Uninitialize.

StE[a]LtH

Comment

I hope this TELETEXT program will be available to ALL RR-G and Marvel Gxx users to download, not only bundled with Marvel G400.

Ant, could you perhaps make avilable for download or send us (people that are interested) this program?

I think that it can be used with VideoTools 1.50 too, as I can understand from the Stealth post; otherwise I'm afraid we have to wait for a lot of time.

Lorenzo
        Italy

Comment

I will see what I can find out although I wouldn't count on Matrox allowing me to post it as it is all part of the reviewers pack I had to sign my life away to get

Comment

And, Ant, could you look at the TELETEXT program coming with Marvel, if the program imports teletext functions from RRAPI library ?
            StE[a]LtH

Comment

There is a Teletext prog that came with my Marvel G400-TV, it has Video Tools 1.51 so it looks like it may ship when they are released.

Comment

Am I right in thinking that the RR-Studio had Teletext support eventually released?

This would be a most useful feature and increase the RR-G's selling potential in the UK as every other TV card sold has Teletext support.

Vic

Comment

Vic,

yes, teletext sw had been released on RRStudio/RRTuner for Mystique/Mystique220.

I've tried it on both Marvel G200 and G400MAX+RRG but it desn't work.

The Teletext sw was a good and easy to use application, with few features but stable and simple.

Now we are waiting for a similar sw: one year ago Matrox told me, speaking about Marvel G200, "wait a bit, we are quite ready to release it"......... no comment.

Lorenzo
                  Italy

Comment

Lorenzo

!

Looks like it's once again a case of the Software letting down the hardware.

Be patient !

Vic

Comment

Working...
                    X