Dagoth Moor Zoological Garden demo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dagoth Moor Zoological Garden demo.

Hi, anyone tried the demo now available at www.3dfiles.com???

I am getting a lot of lags in certain part of the game and at certain point its very smooth. My harddisk is running like mad but i check my CPU usage from Norton system doctor, its very low. Guess thats how Geforce works. Both the CPU and the GPU shares the same load so easy on the CPU. Hopes Matrox's next card will support GPU: T&L!!!

Don't know how the benchmark works... 8-(

my system:
    Athlon 500
    MSI 6167 mobo
    64MB SDRAM
    Quantum Fireball ATA33
    SB Live value
    G400 16MB SH

Anyone who has similar system gets that lag???

Now that I actually know that it will work on a G400, I'm downloading it.
    I'll let you know how it runs.

Comment

The demo seemed to run fine for me--but I have 128M of RAM--I think that's the key. Running at 1024X32bit was decent--there were a few areas that seemed a little sluggish, but most of it was really swift. I'm running a 550 Celeron (dunno if that was a factor or not.)

Man, it's really nice looking--go into that cave and turn on your flashlight. Too cool.

I don't know what this 'only runs on GeForce' nonsense is. I saw no problems at all in the demo--everything seemed perfect, though TNT and Voodoo owners all bitched that textures were missing or other things were screwed up. Yeah Matrox!

Um, actually, is this thing D3D or OpenGL? I didn't even bother to look. I know that the TurboGL is meant for Quake-like-engined games, but it would be neat if TurboGL could help this baby out.

Comment

Here were my results from testing the other day. For those who don't know how to run the benchmark, simply start the program, set your video settings, then exit. Then use the Benchmark shortcut, it will run through a demo and write the results to a file which you can access from the start menu also. The file tells you the average fps, low, high, and then a second by second count. (btw, this is all in the README)

P3-600/100MHZ
        128MB PC100 RAM
        Matrox G400 Max non o/c'd
        SB Live! Value
        Seagate Medalist Pro 9GB 7200RPM
        Acerview 79g 17"

800x600x32: min/avg/max 16/30/80
        1024x768x32: min/avg/max 14/24/43
        1600x1200x32: not worth benchmarking, about 7fps, but boy does it look pretty
        Veregon
        Calm like a bomb.

Comment

Matrix, go out and get another 64 megs for that puppy! That's why your paging out the the HD so much... also killing your framerate and benchmarks!
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yah-

The extra 64 meg makes a BIG difference. I just upgraded to 128Meg and the newer games seem to really eat it up. Q3 and UT are rocking. It's amazing how much memory the newer games use now days.

Remember the days when 4 to 8meg was a good number?? My 486-33 loved that upgrade!!!

Comment

Alrite i will try to hunt for a cheap 64 Ram. These days RAMS are expensive...

That brings me to another question, did anyone of you when playing Unreal Torni have these precaching problem where you wait impatiently before the game starts and you get fragged like.....

MaTriX.

Comment

I didn't think that the precaching thing was what caused me to get fragged right at the start, but it could possibly be. Anyhow, I've only had it happen maybe 5 times since I've been playing UT- you enter the game, and Wham! someone else spawns right where you are, killing you (similar to telefrag).

I've also been on the other side of that fence once- ie., someone else got fragged when I spawned- it even gave me the first blood and a kill. LOL.

------------------
                Ace
                "..so much for subtlety.."

System specs:
                Gainward Ti4600
                AMD Athlon XP2100+ (o.c. to 1845MHz)

Comment

Yes!!! The extra 64Meg makes a big improvement on the UT precaching time. I had very long load times and once the extra memory was in place, it seemed to nearly totally go away!!!

UT seems to really need the extra memory.

Comment

Working...
                  X