No OpenGL Game works! HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No OpenGL Game works! HELP!!!

You reinstalled windows and it still doesn't work?
    Sounds like a h/w problem
    -sorry!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

1 - D3D games or apps works?
    2 - Is just quake that doesn´t work or anything that uses OpenGl (opengl screensavers, tirtanium)?
    3 - Check that you have OpenGl32.dll, glu32.dll and g400icd.dll in your \windows\system folder.
    3 - Try disabling busmastering (for troubleshooting only) and see if it works.

Comment

Make sure that hardware acceleration is set to full in Display Properties. Also, if you had another video adapter in the system before?? If so, make sure you rid your system of all the old drivers and check your game folders to make sure that there are no MCD's in there from the other card.

Rags

EDIT: Also make sure that you have at least DX 6.1 installed.

[This message has been edited by Rags (edited 16 December 1999).]

Comment

I also have a G400 16MB single head. I had the exact same problem. It isn't a hardware problem, but a problem with the version of windows you are using. I was using 95b. If you go into your Device Manager (my computer, properties, device manager) you probably will see a conflict with the the pci to agp controller.

There is a file on your windows cd (called usbpatch, or something like that) that is supposed to enable usb support and agp stuff. When i tried it, it didn't help. Try it first.

My solution? Install Windows98. Windows 98 has better support for usb and agp. Running great now, especially with the new TurboGL driver. Thanks Matrox!

Ciao.

Comment

No OpenGL Game works! HELP!!!

Hi all you Matrox users out there,
          Yesterday I was so happy when i bought my G400 16MB single head, but as soon as I put it my PC, there was no possibility to get any OpenGL game to work. The picture is just frozen, but i.e. the background music in Quake still plays along. I took a look at the agp slot, got the mainboard out of the PC, stick the G400 right back to place, didn't screw it. It didn' work. Then I forced AGP 1x, but again didn't work. I got the power supply of my father, things didn't work, looked for IRQ conflicts, but the G400 is 11 and the IRQ-Holder for PCI Steering is at 11, too. Set the AGP aperture size to 256MB, reinstalled windows, nothing worked. Quake2 runs in software mode, but I want to play it in OGL. Of course, my desktop is set to 16-bit colour depth at a resolution of 1024*768, so OGL should be available, shouldn't it?
          So I tried all, but still haven't found a solution, so please help!

P.S. I've got a Asus P2B-F mainboard, a Celeron466, 128MB PC100, IBM DJNA with 13.5 GB, an Adaptec 2940UW, Yamaha CDR200-t, Teac CDR532S and a IBM DDRS 4.5GB. All components working with the latest drivers available. Also tried the new TGL drivers, but nothing worked!

Thanks for your replies in advance!!!!

Comment

Hi

Was this your first GFX card on that machine?
            You might have old stuff lying around in there. they will show up in the following steps.

Check this: (BTW, if you mess up... you clicked... I didn't... but I do this almost every day)

Restart in safe mode (they won't show in normal mode)
            go to the device manager
            click open every thing EXCEPT the "System Devices" (you don't wanna play in that one)
            If in one of these devices you have multiple entries of the same thing, delete them all.
            If you have some of those "!", start fixing.

Then, the story of my life, restart.

Be prepared to feed your PC with all the driver's CDs and diskettes.

Have fun

------------------
            Celery 366 OCed @ 458(83), Soyo 6BA+III, 64MB SDRAM, Millennium G400 DualHead (486 cpu fan), SB Live! Value, FBall KA 13.1Gig (7200rpm), Mitsumi CR-4804TE CD-RW, Intel based 21140 10/100 NIC, Nortel Networks HSA1300 1-meg ADSL modem and also a ModemBlaster DI5630... enough!

--
            Gilles Lalonde
            SysAdmin (.RPM)
            Linkedin

Comment

Thanks for all your replies guys,

but I'm sorry I have to tell you that my system also crashes in Windows after a few minutes of work. I also get some strange lines in Windows in all resotlutions as soon as i make a click on something. So now:
              1.To Cheggers:
              I removed everything except the AHA 2940-UW because I need it to reinstall Windows, but again: everything crashes.
              2.To Nuno:
              I've all the files in my Windows\System directory already tried to disable busmastering and I have to tell you that after a few minutes of work even Windows crashes.
              3. To Rags:
              I'm sorry of not being specific enough. First I tried it with DX7 after that I tried it with DX 6.1a, but still the same probs occur. Before I reinstalled Windows I used fdisk and then formatted all drives again.
              And, yes, I did set hardware acceleration to full, because as former G200 owner (this card still works) I Know that problem and that was my first thought after experiencing such a crash.
              4. To Jogee:
              I'm already using Windows98. Was able to get Q3Arena to work for 2 minutes and, yes, this card rocks!!!
              5.To Motherdawg:
              I reinstalled Windows so there shouldn't be old driver entries in the registry and of course this is the only card in my PC.

So? Any other suggestions? Well, I'll return that card, take another G400 and I'll see if it works then! If not, well then I'm still having the luck when I bought my G200, because the first and the second card I received had manufactural errors. The first one had a bad memory chip and the second had no pins for the monitor! But I believe in Matrox and will go on purchasing their products!
              Again, thanks to all of you out there trying to help me!

------------------

Comment

One last thing to try: do a complete uninstall as described on the matrox web page: http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/files/w9x_541.htm
                Click on the link that says "this procedure" to get the details.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Jogee,

but I'vealready done that several times, triedto install PD 5.13, 5.20, 5.25, 5.30 and 5.41 to see if it works then but with no effort.

Again thanks to allout there

------------------

Comment

Hey guys I'm having a similar problem with my g200. I think it could be related to the amount of ram. Recently I upgraded from 64 to 128 meg of ram and got the OpenGL drivers to play quake2 in OGL mode and things started messing up. For one quake freezes a few minutes into any game and windows also started displaying trash and freezing. Like Joachim I've reloaded many times and updated all my drivers and bios's and nothings worked, but if I take out one of my 64 meg sims all goes fine. It's no fix, but I was wondering if Joachim would experience similar results by removing some of his ram. Just a thought.

Comment

Hi!

I think it must be a hardware problem. When I've upgraded my rig to PIII I've have serious problems with memory, case and cooling. Everything was fine, until Quake II. I've played Slave Zero more than an hour, but when I've started Quake II there was I sudden freeze. Then I completly disassembled my rig and put it back to together again, wow there is froze even in Quake II.

------------------
                      NauTiLUS

My system looks like:
                      ABIT Bh6 MOBO
                      Intel PIII500@560 MHz
                      128 MB Kingston PC133 SDRAM
                      Matrox G400SH 32MB
                      Adaptec 2940 SCSI HBA
                      Creative SB Live!
                      2*4.3GB ATAPI HDD
                      1*2GB SCSI-2 HDD
                      HP 4/8 GB DAT SCSI-2