Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with Output & Hard Disk Stop

Hi,
    when i try to record my movie in a VCR, sometimes happens that my hd stop for a little and i see in the movie....
    I think that maybe is the cache of my hd; there is a tip to increase the cache or to correct my output problem ?
    Thanks and sorry for my english...:-))

Hi Andrea. Sounds like your drive is slow.If you use the Matrox utility HD Benchmark to test the drive it should probably result in a reading of 5mb/sec or higher.On my system if it is much lower than 5 it will skip( even though the RR is at 3 mb/sec )you need some overhead.When my drive was close to full , it slow considerably.After adding a second drive I have never had a problem.
    smitty

Comment

Hi there,

I may have a tip not only for you but for others as well.

I found that my video playback stoppped every 10 to 15 minutes for only a few frames. No program was running and the virtual momory was on an other drive. I found my solution in two parts which may work for you.

1: If you have enough memory (like 64MB or more) you can turn off the swapfile. This way you probably can use your C-drive as well.

2: Using the CNTR-ALT-DEL buttons you can disable almost every function that is running in the background. Only Explorer has to stay. After doing this start your video capture or playback program like media studio.

Hope this helps for you,

Marijn

Comment

Working...
      X