DirectX7.0a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirectX7.0a

I dont't know what features the new version of directx brings with!? What I know exactly know is that my Q3fps went down from 67 to 59fps. So whats new in this.
    merry fragging

------------------
    Celeron 300A@450
    Asus P2B,G400 SH 32MB oc@150\200 128MB Cas2 PC100
    PIII 700@933 on Asus P3B-F, GF2 GTS, 512 MB Infineon

I find that interesting, since the only files which changed versions from 7.0 are the directinput files.

Soo... were you running 6.1 before? 7.0 _does_ have a tendency to be slower than 6.1, but 7.0a and 7.0 should be EXACTLY the same (unless the folks posing the file version information are on crack, which is always entirely possible).

- Gurm

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Directx7 was just a bug fix for conflicts with the usb and game ports. It certainly fixed my problem with the steering wheel not being detected first time.
      Otherwise nothing has supposed to have changed.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Since loading DX 7.0a, the controls in Drakan are not working properly. They worked fine with DX 7. After about one minute of play, as soon as you stop moving Rynn forward, she starts moving backward without any input. This didn't happen before. This makes it impossible to play.
        Here are my input devices. Any ideas which one is causing the propblem? Wingman Extreme Digital joystick, Logitech Cordless Mouseman Wheel, Microsoft Internet keyboard. I don't think there are any new drivers for these since 7.0a came out.

RAB
        AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Try recalibrating the joystick.

Hope this helps,
          cya
          AMD K6-2 400 (Not OCd)
          128 MB SDRAM
          FIC VIA 503+ (MVP3) Mobo with AGP 2x
          MATROX Millenium G400 32Mb DualHead (not OCd)
          32X Max LG CDRom
          A3D 1.0 "Multiwave" Sound Card
          40Gb WD HDD
          Windows 98SE
          DirectX 8

Comment

Doh! Do I feel stupid. Of course recalibrating the joystick was all it took. I did that about ten minutes after I posted the question and just couldn't believe how dumb the question was. Oh well, sorry I didn't get back sooner, but with the whole family home for the holidays its hard to get any computer time.

Thanks D_Chaloupov, you were correct.

RAB
            AMD K6III-450; Epox EP-MVP3G5; G400DH32; Maxtor 10gig UDMA66; 128meg PC100; Aureal SQ2500 sound; PCI Modem Blaster; Linksys 10/100 NIC; Mag 800V 19"; AL ACS54 4 speaker sound; Logitech wireless mouse; Logitech Wingman Extreme (great for lefties)

Comment

Working...
            X