Tribes works!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribes works!!!!

Whoo hoo! the latest TurboGL drivers got Tribes working on my Athlon/G400 system!
    It aint perfect yet but it IS now usable.
    Frame rates seem better than the Voodoo2/Celly525 set up of my other system, but I'm now in 32 bit.
    Nice work Matrox, keep it coming!

Barry

How did you use TGL for Tribes? I cant get Tribes to run at all.
    p3-500, 128mb, g400max, wd hd, promise, 3com

Comment

Still no tribes for me either. Infact, I can't even get it to run in software mode, which is pretty bizarre.
      My computer otherwise runs beautifully, although it seems that my G400 does the 'horizontal lines' crash when using Netscape. Oh, and I'm using plain old Win98

------------------
      Octek Rhino II BX,P3/450, 64Mb PC100,G400DH 32Mb, Sb64 PCI, Belinea 17", IBM Deskstar 16Gb
      Generic 36x CD, Acer CDRW and some additional crap.
      Octek Rhino II BX,P3/450, 64Mb PC100,G400DH 32Mb, Sb64 PCI, Belinea 17", IBM Deskstar 16Gb

Comment

Hey Arp, copy TurboGL into your Tribes directory. It will work nicely.

Comment

Ozymandis:
          That's what I did. When I select the fullscreen driver, it clearly displays Matrox g400 turbo (or something to that effect). Also, when I go to the player selection screen, the running guy is textured quite nicely, something btw, that I already got with the latest pd release

The fact remains that when I actually go and try to play, be it in practice or network mode, the game just crashes to the desktop. sometimes there's this multicolored flash when it does so, sometimes not. The computer itself doesn't hang, though.

------------------

Comment

That is odd, it works great for me. I get the multicolor flash, then it goes into the game.

Comment

I got TurboGL working as well, BUT when zooming I lose the crosshair :<

So, back to software mode unless someone has found a way to manipulate the crosshair (I haven't checked yet, at work)

-hear

Comment

Hey,

I whipped out my copy of tribes to give it a try. It looks much better than i remember. But in open areas the frame rate drops. still playable though. And mountains in the background are weird. It's like I can see the triangles being drawn really fast. When I get closer it's all good.

And this is not g400 related, But i tried a3d and It's all screwed. Music is way too loud and only the rear speakers get any of the action sounds.

------------------
                Abit BH6, Celeron 450, Matrox G400 32mb "MAX", 256mb ram, IBM 10GB, DVD 5x, MX300

Abit BH6
                Celeron 450
                Matrox G400 32mb "MAX"
                256MB PC100 RAM
                IBM 10GB 7200rpm HDD
                Creative Labs DVD 5x
                Mitsumi 4x/2x/8x CD-RW
                Monster Sound MX300
                USR 56K Modem
                ADi 6P (19" Monitor)
                Windows ME

Comment

Hear, install some other, third party crosshairs or reticules. For some reason they DO show OK.

Comment

Thanks Orion_Uk, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                    X