K6-x 3DNow in TGL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K6-x 3DNow in TGL

Can anyone tell me is there a decent 3DNow support for K6-x in current TGL? I'd appreciate any K6/K6-2 benchmarks with similar setups.

Actually, I was wondering what kind of performance boost would I get if I upgraded my G200 to G400 on a K6-2@400.

Yes the latest Turbogl includes optimizations for the K6-x line of processors. But right now because of a bug is only compatible on SS7 systems if you use the 5.30 powerdesk drivers. Here are some quake 2 numbers with the turbogl drivers on my K6-2 450, 128 megs sdram and g400 32 meg single head oem

crusher demo:

800x600 30.1fps
    1024x768 29.8 fps
    1280x960 29.3fps
    1600x1200 22.0 fps

------------------
    ***TRUST IN YOUR TECHNOLUST***

[This message has been edited by jediphoenix (edited 19 December 1999).]
    <A HREF="http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    " TARGET=_blank>http://jediphoenix.iscool.net/
    </A>

Comment

What system boards are you both using, my brother has a K6-2 and gets abysmal performance with my G400 on his system, mostly I think because of the v. poor AGP implemetation on his Lucky Star MVP3 mainboard, using latests VIA drivers etc. I have an opportunity to get a Gigabyte G5AA (or something) with an ALI chipset, anyone know if its any good for AGP.

Chris

Comment

Just stuck in the new K6 TGL dll in my Half-life directory.

After a little running around I get just under a 45% frame rate increase!

When you hit escape to get back to the menu, and then return to the game, you get a few disconcerting seconds of 'black screen + artifacts,' but then the game kicks in again with no problems. Anyone seen this problem?

Nice one Matrox

K6-II 300, GA-5AX (Bios = 1.3 + latest drivers), 190Mb PC100, G400 DH 32Mb, Win95B

robert
        --
        Robert Hodkinson, SF nut and a Render-head. www.geocities.com/SoHo/Coffeehouse/5939
        reply email is bag.it@mail.cableol.co.uk

--
        Robert Hodkinson, SF nut, Sound nut and a Render-head.
        reply email is bag.it@ntlworld.com
        The only 'wave shape', I want to see, is on the beach.

Comment

Working...
        X