TurboGL and GLQuake 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TurboGL and GLQuake 1

Well just installed QUAKE1 again and started playing, installed the patchs and got it running.. the statusbar at the bottom is ****ED UP. You can see there the textures from the game. When i tried wit the normal opengl.dll from windows\system i got the lsd effect with some textures.. statusbar was just fine ? =( In TurboGL the colours are fine... Just wanted to play
    TeamFortress again, so this REALLY SUCKd. So do any of you have the same problem, or is it just MY system... ?

Pe-Te

Relocated to the Matrox Gaming forum...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

It's very strange. The status bar is screwed up in GLQuake but NOT in GLQuakeWorld!
      I tried a LOT of settings and could never get the status bar fixed in GLQuake.
      I'm only interested in online play so it's not not a big deal for me.
      chuck

------------------
      ABit BF6 w/ Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@3.0, noname CDRom@40x, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Acatel 1000 ADSL@1.5mb/sec, Princeton EO75@1024x768x32x85hz, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

I got that same problem.. no big deal to me since I don't play it much and it's not truly supported yet. Have you also noticed the strange vertical lines on all the entities? it's even on some weapons. ;-P

my spec:
        G400 MAX ( lovin q3a! )
        p3-600
        256mb RAM
        sblive! xgamer
        10x DVD
        win98se
        5.41 using new TGl

Comment

Mmm works okay for me.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Just wondering, what versions of Quake, GLQuake and Quakeworld are you using, maybe thats where the problem is... i have the problem in GLquake AND quakeworld..

I have Quake 1.08 patch installed, 0.98 GLQuake and 2.33-0005 QuakeWorld, Matrox 5.41 Powerdesk and the new TurboGL drivers..

Pe-Te

Comment

There's a fix:

Put -fullsbar on the shortcut's Target line. My target line for Quake is this:

E:\quake\glquake.exe -width 1280 -height 1024 -bpp 32 -fullsbar

And Quake runs ridiculously fast with the TurboGL. I mean, really, it's like playing DOOM on a PII-266.

Just my $0.02

The pessimist says: "The glass is half empty."
              The optimist says: "The glass is half full."
              The engineer says: "I put half of my water in a redundant glass."

Comment

Cool O' Matic! Thanks IceStorm

I get 120 fps in demo2.dem at 800X600 with a Celeron and transparent water using the new TGL. Amazing!

chuck

PS I am on the same install of Quake1 that I started out with when it first came out. Through 4 openGL cards. There is no telling what all graphics junk I have in my config files.

------------------
                ABit BF6 w/ Celery 333@500, 128mb gh@cas2, 10gb IBM@7200, SB Live Value@3.0, noname CDRom@40x, Mitsumi CDRW@2x2x8, Acatel 1000 ADSL@1.5mb/sec, Princeton EO75@1024x768x32x85hz, USB mouse,Matrox G400 MAX!!!!

Chuck
                秋音的爸爸

Comment

I think it's strange because I thought that GLQ and GLQW used exactly the same graphic engine.
                  GLQW is just about the only game I play so I'm glad it works!
                  chuck
                  Chuck
                  秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                  X