G400 and WINTV by Hauppauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 and WINTV by Hauppauge

After the night mare of the G400 refusing to coexists on the same IRQ as anything else my next challange

Upgraded from G200Marvel (loved it) and I've lost TV in

I have purchased a Hauppauge WinTC-pci card, which when installed causses complete system instablity.

Machine will lock up after 3seconds when TV application is started, and then the generic system lockuips refusing to boot siuation occurs. I've removed the card and drivers all back to Normal

This is a clean Win98 install No marvel drivers around
    WinTV card went in on a different IRQ

Any ideas please ?

------------------

BH6 (LN Bios)
    P3 500 @ 5x112
    G400MAX
    SB live
    ISDN card
    Ethernet Card
    BH6 (LN Bios)
    P3 500 @ 5x112
    G400MAX
    SB live
    ISDN card
    Ethernet Card

Hiyas,

I don't know if this helps, but...

I've been considering to buy matrox G400, but the problem was that will it work with Hauppauge WinTV. Well, my friend has a G400 Dualhead 32mb, and he kindly brought the card to my place, and we tried to my machine. Ta'daa, it worked like a dream. No problems with fullscreens, different resolutions, nothing.
    I had that lockup problem with my Abit BH6 (LN bios also), but it was solved with new drivers from hauppauge->get these files :
    Wint47.exe (WinTV software)
    VTP32264.exe (WinTV PLUS software)
    wtvdr21.exe (BT drivers)
    wtvwdm18.exe (WTM overlay mode drivers)

With these I got hauppauge work perfectly with abit motherboard. (furthermore I installed the matrox straight over my Voodoo2/Viper 330, and even that didnt bother wintv)
    My system :
    SoundBlaster PnP
    Abit BH6
    Celeron P2 450mhz
    Diamond Viper 330/Monster 3d Voodoo2 (not for long )

~/Core Acidia
    ~/Sampsa Kostia

Comment

Hi Folks

Hope this helps a bit - WinTV PCI has a newish driver 765.exe - Do NOT use it, it causes lotsa lockups with G200.

WinTV must be installed first, then Matrox.
      In my experience (fairly limited) the other way around causes said symptoms that you described - lockups or even worse, matrox card wont even give a Win95 screen unless in safe mode - not a lot of god eh?

Let me know how you get on

Biker

------------------

Comment

Working...
      X