Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Alt-Tabbing with TurboGL ?

Hi,

since I installed the TurboGL, I can't use Alt-Tab to switch to other programs (mIRC or what-have-you) from OpenGL games. Quake2, Quake3 and Half-Life supported this on the Voodoo2, but since I configured them to use the G400, it doesn't work anymore !
    In Quake2 there's a "win_noalttab" variable, but it is already set to zero. The funny thing is that when I set it to one and then to zero again I can Alt-Tab out of Quake2, but when I try to switch back my computer locks up with a grey screen.

I'm using PD 5.30, a K6-3 and the currently released TurboGL.

Is this a bug ? It is very annyoing to have to quit a game just to type a few lines in mIRC (for example).

Regards,
    wossName

This seems to be an issue with the TurboGL, at least for me. I recall that a solution to the mousewheel problem was to alt-tab out and back, and I couldn't, either.

- Ash

------------------
    Listen up, you primitive screwheads! See this? This is my BOOMSTICK! Etc. etc.
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    If only life were as easy as you
    I would still get screwed

Comment

I've not been able to ALT-TAB out of games sinece my TNT , also the same now with my G400 !!!

------------------
      *** Get paid to surf ! ***
      http://www.surf2earn.co.uk
      *** Get paid to surf ! ***
      www.surf2earn.co.uk

Comment

er, isnt this a DX7 problem?
        Its been known for a while now that Direct 7 fouled up the Alt-Tab function. Try Alt-Ent, this should take from full screen to a window, then you can Alt-tab.

Comment

But why does it work on a Voodoo2 then ?
          The only difference here is the OpenGL driver and underlying card used, nothing to do with DirectX.
          I'll try it though.

Comment

Working...
          X